Author Topic: Need Parts for your RUSSIAN AK-47?  (Read 9313 times)

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Need Parts for your RUSSIAN AK-47?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
A vacuum will be filled.

AK 47 receiver can be manufactured from sheet metal and jigs for bending and forming.  Holes need to be drilled and cut.  Other parts should be fairly simple machining work.  I'd expect a good chamber and barrel would be the most difficult to produce.

Tom B.  stated in another post that he has the skills....just needs a place and materials to get the job done.

Now is the time to get that ball rolling.  This is the time to fill a newly vacated market after established low cost competition has been kicked out.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
A vacuum will be filled.

AK 47 receiver can be manufactured from sheet metal and jigs for bending and forming.  Holes need to be drilled and cut.  Other parts should be fairly simple machining work.  I'd expect a good chamber and barrel would be the most difficult to produce.

Tom B.  stated in another post that he has the skills....just needs a place and materials to get the job done.

Now is the time to get that ball rolling.  This is the time to fill a newly vacated market after established low cost competition has been kicked out.

And there are guys a heck of a lot better than me in pretty much any machine shop in the country.
Never forget, the American gun industry started in little cabins in the woods with no electricity.
For that matter, in the Northern Frontier Provinces of Pakistan you can buy any gun ever made and watch them make it.
The level of industrialization ranges from hand drills and files to modern machine shops, and you can test the product in the yard.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
All well and good fellas, and I agree with you. The point I was making is that our illustrious mis-leader is still pushing his pen and phone usurpation of our nation. There will be NO end to his agenda-forcing tactics on our God-given rights! Our country is in terrible peril, will we survive with our lives and rights intact?

Just something to think about.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
There is a sh&tload of these rifles out there in this country right now, along with all the Saigas and all the "other" brands. I worry about the folks that may need these weapons if the SHTF. I understand Tom B's belief that we brought it on ourselves and agree that it is fact! When are we gonna put our collective foot down and stop this EVIL bastard?  :'(  I know Tom don't agree, but I still weep for my country!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:13:11 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 07:13:07 AM »
You may have mistaken me McGyver, I join you in weeping for this once great nation, but I would also like to put a collective (ist) ass kicking on those responsible.
Justice would be real nice, REVENGE would be more satisfying.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
And there are guys a heck of a lot better than me in pretty much any machine shop in the country.
Never forget, the American gun industry started in little cabins in the woods with no electricity.
For that matter, in the Northern Frontier Provinces of Pakistan you can buy any gun ever made and watch them make it.
The level of industrialization ranges from hand drills and files to modern machine shops, and you can test the product in the yard.

The Philippines are pretty damn good at it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fna9WEO6BjE
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
You do know (don't you ? ) that Armscor has opened a US plant .

http://us.armscor.com/news-and-media/newsroom/rock-island-armory-and-armscor-international-to-expand-us-production-capabi

Rock Island Armory and Armscor International to Expand US Production Capabilities

Pahrump, NV (May 1, 2013) – Armscor International today announced plans for new production facilities in the United States to be based in Pahrump Nevada.  The new plant will anchor production of the company’s popular Rock Island Armory USA brands of pistols and sport rifles.

The facility will be adjacent to the company’s US corporate headquarters in Pahrump and is projected to create 50 jobs as it reaches full capacity.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>More at link <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Mike Seeklander is working for them now as well , the story is also on their web site.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
I COULD BE WRONG.  Point me in the right direction and I'll retract the following.

I do not doubt that the current POTUS would ban any and all guns given the chance.  But that isn't exactly what he did.  At least not straight up. 

What Obama did was put sanctions on Russia to punish them for the Ukraine mess.   This includes a ban on a lot of Russian made things.  It was, I believe, sanctions against specifically named companies.    Not just guns and not just AKs. Specifically anything (ANYTHING) made by Kalashnikov, Izhevskiy, Izhmash, OJSC or their partners or subsidiaries.  That includes AKs, but would also include bolt action rifles, cars, butterfly nets, whatever.   

I think this is the list.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

AKs not made in Russia and not made by Kalshnikov Concern should still be allowed import.  It wasn't an AK ban per-se, but a sanction on Russia.

I'm sure that BHO is very pleased AK imports from Russia will be restricted. And  that he's put financial screws to American importers who have earnest money already invested in Kalashnikov.  And that he'd love to do a straight out ban on all weapons, but this is a way to legitimize a ban on some of the guns without having to straight up admit that's what he's doing.

Yes the prices will go through the roof, as a panic and hubris set in.  But AKs should still be importable from Philippines and other places.  As well of course made here.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
I could be wrong too, but I think Alf is right  ;D ;D

What will be interesting to see is if the prohibition on AK's is removed when other prohibitions are.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk