Author Topic: Awesome show on the Python!  (Read 4382 times)

ske1eter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Awesome show on the Python!
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
I loved that episode. The Python was always a gun that I wanted but could never afford. Now that I probably could get the scratch together they aren't made anymore and even higher priced. The Python and M29 are two classics. Unfortunately, with Colt unwilling to even make an effort to build them again because they'd be too expensive (heck, there are $4K 1911 for goodness sake) it shows that they'll always be a shell of their former greatness.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Awesome show on the Python!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:56:33 AM »
Finally catching up and have come to the end of my recordings.  No Python episode.   :-[   Wonder when it aired?  I'll have to set my DVR to record re-runs so I can see it.

Found it, never mind.

Very cool and besides Mamet & McRaney we got to see an interview with actor, Keith Szarabajka.

I think the Python is a cool collectible.  It's on my wish list along with the Hi Standard Crusader.

One aspect of this <HINT HINT> that might be explored in an upcoming show is the S&W 686s <HINT HINT> role in the demise of the Python. 

<HINT HINT>
ps  If you do a show on the 686 I'd love to be on it.  After all I only own about 9 of them now.  "Alfred Sauve' - Famous collector and shooter"
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Awesome show on the Python!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
 I had two chances to get a Python in the 1980's and let it pass me by. A friend had one with a bad aftermarket chrome finish and the firing pin would stick forward possibly from excess dry firing. He wanted to trade. The other time was when I had a nice Income Tax Refund and chose the Smith 686 with coil springs over the Python with leaf springs because it would get lots of range time. If they were in current production, offered in stainless again and less the $1000 a Python would be on my short list after I sold a thing or two.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk