Author Topic: About to "Pull The Trigger"!  (Read 4171 times)

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
About to "Pull The Trigger"!
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
I've been looking for two yrs now, and it's between an Armalite AR10 in .308 or a DPMS 7.62(nato) same damn thing around $850. Both have VERY good reviews and would like to hear from those that have them.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: About to "Pull The Trigger"!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
had a 16" AR10....it used proprietary magazines from Armalite... mine was not a full float or a match style rifle... fairly good trigger... I do not hunt, and my vision is not good enough for me to shoot heavy metal for multi gun... sold it... my AR15s are much easier to shoot and feed

what questions do you have?

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 12:29:52 AM »
My Remington R-25 308 was made by DPMS. It takes the cheaper 308 Pmags, DPMS or C-Products mags. The forend is free float and came with the Remmy camo dip.
I installed a Timney trigger, GG&G BUIS, a BCM charging handle and had Kreiger put a 20" M110 barrel on it with an Obermeyer chamber.
It's heavy...To me that's a "Who cares". I'm not lugging it around the mountains of Assholistan.
And that weight means there is so little recoil that I can spot my own bullet strikes. 

It shoots REALLY, REALLY freaking well and currently wears a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10x44.
That may be changed to the Zeiss 4.5x14x44 I have if I ever get a roundtuit and put the 3.5x10 on my 20" hunting AR upper.   
Having never owned or shot an Armalite AR10, I can't help you there but I know there are a lot of aftermarket parts available for the DPMS platform.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:12:23 AM »
The son in law built an AR-10 using an Armalite lower.  Learned the hard and expensive lesson that you can't use aftermarket parts in the gun and spent more than he wanted to build the rifle.

I'm not an AR guy by any standard.  I've shot several and appreciate their versatility but, I'm not sure spending two large on a target gun (now safe queen) is a good use of his money.  Shortly after he finished the rifle he was looking to peddle it off and start over.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »
If you're going with an AR style platform, I vote for one that takes aftermarket magazines.

Otherwise come over to the dark side with me and get an FN FNAR platform. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:39:05 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk