Author Topic: Republicans Have the Ball in Their Court  (Read 8805 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Republicans Have the Ball in Their Court
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »
Solus, I just scanned through your immigration post.
Got some news for you about your "Refugee camp".
It was tried with free Blacks in the early 1800's, look up the history of Liberia.  ;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
 :D
Well, this isn't an attempt to make the camp a wonderful place to live.

We can't push illegals into Mexico or Canada if they are not citizens there and it would be frowned upon to push them into either ocean or the gulf, so they get the refugee camp or their home country. 

The point is to show that it does not pay to enter the US illegally and it destroys any changes of ever entering legally after that.

And to keep folks from repeatedly coming back for whatever benefits they get here till they get caught again you face the death penalty for a second offense.

The kids born here to illegal aliens get a little bit of a break, but not on immigration...they have to go through channels, get accepted and get here.  Then they get the break on becoming citizens.

This is all to get the message out that if you want to come here, do it right.

Now, if there are changes we should make to our immigration policy, that is a different issue that should be addressed by the legislature, not by opening the borders.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »
 While both houses of Congress have increased their number of responsible adults too many have an R after their name because that is where the opening was for that seat in Congress! You can not trust them to put their constituents interests first and some don't listen at all. Just look at John McCain, if being a conservative was a crime there would not be enough evidence to convict him!

There was a time when anyone born in this country was expected to be a Citizen of their Parents Country and the Hospitals would issue a certificate to be taken to the Embassy of the Foreign National.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
While both houses of Congress have increased their number of responsible adults too many have an R after their name because that is where the opening was for that seat in Congress! You can not trust them to put their constituents interests first and some don't listen at all. Just look at John McCain, if being a conservative was a crime there would not be enough evidence to convict him!

There was a time when anyone born in this country was expected to be a Citizen of their Parents Country and the Hospitals would issue a certificate to be taken to the Embassy of the Foreign National.

Are you complaining because the Republicans took control away from the modern incarnation of the communist party ?

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
Came across a post by Jedediah Bila that does a good job of telling the GOP what they need to do now that they have the chance.

Sounds like good advice.

The Midterms Are Over -- Now What?

Now that Republicans have celebrated a strong midterm election victory, many are asking, “What’s next?” What should they be doing? Where should the focus be? How do they turn a 2014 midterm victory into a 2016 presidential victory? I have some suggestions.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/11/08/The-Midterms-Are-Over-Now-What

If you haven't already heard of this woman, you can find her here:  https://twitter.com/JedediahBila/with_replies

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:37:35 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »
Not a bad post to revisit.  Solus was on target.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 07:18:35 AM »
Let's be a little more specific about "securing the border", shall we? A Super Wall has to be built from the Gulf Coast at Brownsville, all the way to the Pacific Coast south of San Diego. It should be built from reinforced concrete and steel no less than 35 feet high. Topped with razor wire the entire length. It should be built at least 50 feet on our side of the border. Thereby creating a 50 foot no mans land that could be mined on both sides. The entire length should be lighted at night. Bright enough to define the border from the International Space Station. And it should have full security cameras, with infra red and thermal capabilities. All with zoom lenses of course. If I can afford to put cameras in my house and property, the government can afford to do it on our southern border.

This entire project, much like Trump has suggested, should be funded by tariffs, along with tax penalties from companies who manufacture abroad, anything that was once made here by U.S. workers. (Carrier Air Conditioning should lead by example), by writing the first check that Trump should receive, and show in a press conference at a White House ceremony in the Rose Garden. Trump should give monthly news conferences showing progress on this wall, complete with video and interviews from construction foreman. And contracts with concrete mixing plants all along the wall should be established both during, and after the wall is finished, in order to quickly fill any tunnels that might be attempted, in a matter of hours.

The Border Patrol should be increased 3 fold over what it is now. All agents should be equipped with the most modern small arms available, and plenty of ammunition. Their green and white SUV's should all be sold off and replaced with armored Humvee's, equipped with mounted .50 BMG's. Trump should issue a public statement, if ANY construction worker is put in harms way by Mexicans at the border, (protesters or otherwise), they will be SHOT ON SIGHT. When completed, a National "American Security Holiday" should be established, and put on the Federal calendar. Honorary postage stamps should be issued by the U.S. Postal Service as well. They could install a section of gold plated razor wire to honor it's completion. Much like they did with the completion of the Trans Continental Railroad, with the Golden Spike Ceremony at Promontory Point, Utah.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »
You know, wall or no wall, what about patrolling the border with drones?

If we want less than lethal measure, might they be armed with some type of knock out gas?

Then you have the location of illegals who may just be sleeping till they get rounded up...

I know there still might be casualties from the gas, but that risk goes with the act of invading another country.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 12:41:32 PM »
Billt forgot motion triggered machine guns.
Solus, f%#k nonlethal, use RQ9Reapers with Hellfire missiles. Blow up enough of them and the rest will get the point.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 10:08:06 PM »
The Iron Curtain did not exist along the entire border between East and West.  There were areas where you could walk across into the Other Germany unimpeded.  Why didn't people stream across?  The fear of death.  You only need to make an example out of a handful of people to control the masses.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk