Author Topic: anyone pimp out a m1 c  (Read 6377 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
anyone pimp out a m1 c
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
I recently bought an m1 carbine that is in terrible shape.  it functions fine, but the stock is cracked and there's no finish left on it.  I was thinking about making a home defense gun for the wife. She can shoot them very well and is not afraid of the recoil or blast like the other choices I have. 

I am not thinking too crqzy, just a new stock, maybe a red dot and some dura coat.

Any recomendations?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: anyone pimp out a m1 c
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
Check Midway and Brownells.... I know Choate makes synthetic stocks, both folding and straight with pistol grip.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:58 PM »
These folks will restore it for you

http://www.jamesriverarmory.com/

You could go with the folding paratrooper stock.
Personally I despise the idea of red dot sights on WWII guns.
Like having your grand Father dye his hair green and get a nose ring.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »
Tom,  I have four m1 carbines.   this gun was just a steal at a hundred bucks.  I am traveling a lot more from work right now,  so having a weapon in my wife can use and is not afraid of is very important to me.  even my 12 gauge 1100 is too much.  she thinks you did just fine it just the recoil scares her. I would much rather have something like a camp carbine but I can't find one for a reasonable price.  as of right now weapon of choice is my nylon 66.  which is better than a sharp stick but still under powered.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:30:05 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 03:19:22 PM »
There's always THIS little baby.

http://www.koreanwaronline.com/arms/m1irsnip.htm

;D

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:10 AM »
No, I haven't but in the condition you described, why not?  Choate stock and Utimak forward handguard rail for the red dot.  They also have a folding stock.  My preference would be a Aimpoint T-1.

http://ultimak.com/BuyM1C.htm

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »
That would make a nice little HD rifle.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »
Order a nos stock for it, it was $38 shipped.   

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
Any pics of the carbine with the new stock would be appreciated.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk