Author Topic: The SR9 is BACK!  (Read 26374 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Update: The SR9 is BACK!
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
Update: The new G&A Magazine this month has an article on the SR9 trigger "Upgrade".

They say that "Ruger will upgrade your first production SR9 for free. And not just upgrade it, but send it back with an extra magazine..... Once you notify Ruger that you have one, and you want it upgraded (and who wouldnt?), it will send you a shipping box....... When it returns, it has all the upgraded parts installed and an extra free magazine as well." - Parenthetical notes are theirs from the article.

They swoon and swoon over the new trigger, calling it "clean, crisp, with less over travel". They say it has a "shorter and easier to reach length and an improved feel". The author even says "my groups are smaller, no doubt due to the improved trigger pull".

It was interesting that in the entire two page article, they never once mentioned the world "recall", but rather repeatedly referred to it as a "free of charge upgrade". They even say that "testing by customers told Ruger that there were a few things on the SR9 that needed changing".

Exit Question: Whats wrong with this article?  :-\

Well, G&A finally posted this article online...... go check it out for yourself and see what you think.

http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite/IMO_GA/Story_C/Triggernometry
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: The SR9 is BACK!
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »
Read it.
Either on his own or with some prodding the author put a spin on the "upgrade" portion of the changes Ruger made to exclude the "Recall" part of the deal. That's really no worse than any other reporting we've seen lately is it? That's just Journalism 2008. Besides...he called them up and had them send him another one for comparison. Why didn't I think of that?

Ruger DID go ahead and fix a bunch of stuff on the gun that they thought needed improvement because, the author implies, they got a lot of feedback from 100,000 buyers. I was one of those and didn't know I was buying a beta test model, but, "Stupid is as stupid does". It's kinda like Bill Gates and his Vista, except to Ruger's credit they didn't stop manufacturing all their other pistols when the SR9 came out so you HAD to use it.

Ruger really did improve stuff on the pistol, and it's a good looking gun that feels good in the hand. I didn't like the trigger, which is a deal breaker. Call it what you will...
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
Jay-

Maybe you should drop the guy a line and tell him about the "Ruger upgrade" (M&P) that you got!  ;D

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2008, 06:37:24 AM »
Nah...tryin' to move on. It'll be easier when I can get a M&P hat.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2008, 07:53:53 AM »
Here ya go Jay:
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 08:05:51 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk