Author Topic: Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light  (Read 10972 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »

Don't laugh. Look at what happed with computers.

I know.  When I was a freshman in HS, in 1963, I told my guidance counselor I wanted to work with computers.  He told me not to be foolish, that there would never be jobs in computers.   

I joined the Army in '65 to work with computers and since then all my time was working with computers or going to school/training for them.

Was "downsized" in 2009 still working with computers and unemployment turned into retired.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
Theater lighting as well is moving to all LED.  New facilities will have just a few dimmer circuits to hand legacy lights, but for the most part it will be all LED.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
That light is good, but I'm looking at the Compact Weapons Light Gen II.  700 Lumens, but without the mount.  If it just had a belt clip.  What a great buy for a hand held.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-compact-weapon-light-700-lumens-genii/p/kt-pawl-3bkgenii/

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
I like Streamlight over Surefire. 

That said, what I don't want is a bunch of bells and whistles.   I want a tactical flash light that comes on, and goes off.  I don't need a bunch of "modes".  When that time comes, I won't remember or care about "85 Lumens gives you 20 hours of light". 

So I do have two Streamlight tacticals one LED and one Xenon, but no where near as bright as the newer models.

I did find this interesting one, evidently made for me.  Still a little skeptical about too many things to go wrong inside.   About $90.   It's pre-programable.  You can have the light be High Only mode, or High/Med/Low/Strobe mode or Low/Med/High modes.  Accepts a wide variety of batteries.  ProTac HL® USB

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=321

I think I'll just look for brighter replacements to my simple on/off.

Will work for ammo

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
That said, what I don't want is a bunch of bells and whistles. I want a tactical flash light that comes on, and goes off.  I don't need a bunch of "modes".  When that time comes, I won't remember or care about "85 Lumens gives you 20 hours of light".

I'm the same way Alf. Simple "On" & "Off" is all I require. I've got a Nova-Tac that came with my Paul Howe CSAT Edition LWRC rifle, but it's got way too many "modes" for me to deal with. 3 or 4 levels of brightness, and "Strobe" setting. It has a complicated code of fast / slow taps on the switch that activates them. It's fun to play with, but there is no way I want something like that on a life and death weapon light that I have to depend on. When things get crazy simple is ALWAYS better.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:08:54 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »
Went by Batteries Plus for work to pick up a gross of AAs and while I was there ended up buying the Streamlight ProTac HL.   Not the USB rechargeable, just the plain one.  +750lum  Great.  A little bigger than my other Streamlight, but I'm comfortable carrying it.  Because of our corporate discount, even though I was paying for this separately, I got a nice discount. 

This is the series with the TenTap programming which is exactly what it sounds like.  You tap the switch 10 times in 5 seconds to change the mode.  It comes  Hi/Strobe/Low.   I changed it to Hi only.  (the other mode is Hi/Lo)  I think that's a good way to market one product to different user demands.  The tactical boys can have their strobe, the operators their low mode, and us simpletons can have just plain off/on.
Will work for ammo

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »
Might want to reconsider buying batteries in bulk.

I read a review of AA and AAA batteries a few years ago and of the brands tested, Radio Shack's were the longest lasting. 

However the review said this was not because they were better quality but because Radio Shack has a quick turn over in batteries and their batteries were 'Freshest'....had sat on the shelf the least.

So buying batteries in bulk will give them extended time spend on the shelf.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
I worked in the same building as our radio shop.  Watched several times as the broke the seal on a case of name brand batteries.  They threw away at least 1/3 of the case each time because they didn't check as good.  Sorta cringed because that was my tax money too! 

Richard

PS:  I worked for the State of Ohio DOT
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
Might want to reconsider buying batteries in bulk.

That might be true for consumers but we use about 75a month.  We only use Pro-Cells. Many outlets will only sell Pro-Cells to corporate accounts.  They are preferred in the live theater/church/entertainment business.  Not that they are perfect, but rarely do we get a bad one.  And we know exactly what to expect under usage from them.  They may or may not be identical to consumer Duracel just in a different color scheme, but they come at a discount that puts them on par with Costco/Sam Duracels or Eveready.   We hesitate to buy the store brands because we're not sure of the quality or expected usage.     Pro-Cells have a guaranteed 7yr shelf life, as do many other brands these days.  We turn them over every 2 months.  Batteries Plus turns them over in a week.  Sometimes I have to wait while they open their new shipment.

YMMV as it usually does.

Oh just thought of something else.  It's been reported that some brands of batteries are physically different size than others. Sloppy specs.   Not real significant in most consumer gear, but in pro audio/video specs can be tight.    Buyer Beware.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk