Author Topic: Buckshot choke  (Read 3813 times)

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Buckshot choke
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »
what choke should I use with 00 buck? I have full,mod and ic?
One riot,one redneck

timber

• Forum Member
    • Ravens Keep B & B
  • Liked:
Re: Buckshot choke
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »
try them all, go with the one that gives you the grouping/pattern you want
Cheer, tb

SigShooter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 03:26:20 AM »
Cyclinder, though less restrictive, is supposed to the most likely to produce the best patterns. I don't know why, but that's what I hear all the time when the subject of shotguns and 00 buck comes up. Start with a cyclinder and then try other chokes, just to confirm the data. That's what I'd do anyway.
From my cold dead hands...to my next of kin to further our rights.

Never to the government. They can buy their own.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »
There is not a predictable scenario here, pick the shot load or loads, change chokes and pattern each one until you find a good or great combo. There are a great number of variables with  shotguns, loads and chokes.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
My best guess would be Improved Cylinder, not Cylinder. Most shot of any size works better with a choke, including buckshot. OO and OOO will probably do better with little choke while smaller pellets like 4 Buck would likely do better with more choke, all the way up to full. Try them all. Buffered shot will make better patterns out of a choke it likes than non-buffered pellets.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:39:20 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk