Author Topic: Stripped Lowers  (Read 4638 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Stripped Lowers
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:08:08 AM »
I just took a chance and ordered one of these from Sportsman's Guide...seems like a good price, and there is a "preferred network FFL dealer" near me that charges a flat $20 transfer fee.
So, with gas, shipping, and fees, I'm still around $75 total.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/anderson-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-223-remington-ar15a3lwfor-661799410182?a=1820492

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Stripped Lowers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
That's less than half the price of one of their 80% lowers. It sounds like a good deal to me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
Anderson lowers are for sale around here in the $49-$59 range OTC.   Sales tax of course, but no shipping and no extra FFL fee.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »
We only have a couple of local gun stores (if you can call it that) and they charge extra to order non-stocked items and they don't stock stripped lowers, and one is run by an arrogant ass (IMHO)...so, ordering from them would cost as much and maybe more.

I miss the days where you could go into a local GS and shoot the bull, talk guns, and (gasp) haggle over prices..... but here, if you don't walk in with a fat and open wallet, you get a cold shoulder.

The 'area' GS I mentioned above is about 25 miles away and my b-i-l and his fiancee live there...so, when it comes in we'll make a lower-buying/family visit/supper trip combo.   ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:06:43 PM »
Update:
Lower arrived in-store Monday and I got the call..... I went and picked it up yesterday. The shop is right across the street from the Fire Dept where my son works. The owner knows my son and knocked $5 off the transfer fee (which covered the flat-rate shipping).

It was a pretty painless process, overall....and, like I posted above, my local GS owner is an ass...so I have no problem dealing with a nicer guy 25 miles away (I'm like that).

Also, the store owner informed me that he just started stocking those same lowers for $50....so I can now just get them from him directly.

Finish on the lower is standard and no different than my DPMS.

Now to decide on specifics of the build...........

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:04:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk