Author Topic: Podcast #72  (Read 9888 times)

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Podcast #72
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »
Not to hijack the thread, but Mr. Bane was speaking about tactical shotguns in his podcast and mentioned that Benelli's superstar tactical gun was the M1 and that it was inertia operated. That is true, but I would also like to point out that the Benelli shotgun that the U.S. Armed Forces adopted is actually the M4. The M4, like the FNH SLP, is gas operated. So, I would think that it would be low recoiling as well. I believe there was reliability problems with the inertia system when heavy optics  were mounted on it, so Benelli switched to the ARGO (Auto-Regulating Gas Operating System). The M4 is also available to civilians as well.  :D
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

1776 Rebel

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
Tom, I do enjoy the discussion. It is with this kind of civil discourse that I become better informed (on occassion :)  ) and I hope maybe I help others to understand why honest folks can differ in their thinking. From your other posts I think we agree probably 90% of the time. I made my points and now I am going to lock my doors, say my prayers and go to bed.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »
Tom, I do enjoy the discussion. It is with this kind of civil discourse that I become better informed (on occassion :)  ) and I hope maybe I help others to understand why honest folks can differ in their thinking. From your other posts I think we agree probably 90% of the time. I made my points and now I am going to lock my doors, say my prayers and go to bed.

;D

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 08:40:36 PM »
Hey Michael,
I just listened to this weeks episode and I would like you to consider showing the process one has to go through to become a NRA Cert. Instructor. And other things like that. Things that will help enable the rest of us to become better advocates for the shooting world. I think we would benefit if we had some episodes on the process. I.E how easy or hard it is, what the course is like. Maybe follow someone through the process to become an Instructor.

Thanks
Guns-R-Us
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 11:13:54 PM »
Hey Michael,
I just listened to this weeks episode and I would like you to consider showing the process one has to go through to become a NRA Cert. Instructor. And other things like that. Things that will help enable the rest of us to become better advocates for the shooting world. I think we would benefit if we had some episodes on the process. I.E how easy or hard it is, what the course is like. Maybe follow someone through the process to become an Instructor.

Thanks
Guns-R-Us

Good idea.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:46:14 AM »

1776 Rebel

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »
There is no better way to give back then to teach new shooters, young and old, men and women alike. Great idea for SG but don't wait for show. Just contact the NRA now....

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

MLC

• Active Forum Member
    • Place where I post things
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 08:18:55 AM »
Mr. Bane,

You bring up some interesting questions on competition shooting.  I am interested in the people that are winning, what gear and guns they're using, and what I can learn from them.  Seeing the rundown of the top 10 or so shooters isn't boring as long as it's not the whole focus of the segment.  I like to know who these people are and what they're capable of, if for no other reason than it keeps a body humble and hungry.

Guns-r-us has an interesting idea, in showing us how to become better ambassadors for our sport.  That's not something often discussed, but when people find out you're affiliated with guns in some way, you are representative for the entire community. 

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 10:28:50 AM »
MB,
The "know how" and learning is what I like about SG. I'm not a competive shooter. But love to learn from them. Any and all info I can get that helps me become a better shooter is always welcome.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
I personally enjoy following the competitions. Although I don't compete. I'd love to get into IDPA, but time, money, and lack of a good place to practice prevent me from doing so. As for the show, I'm interested in the people, the techniques/tactics, and of course the gear.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »
Michael,
One of the things that always made SG a favorite of mine was the general lack of a theme.  One show might be about one thing, the next about another.  I always enjoy the guest appearances by instructors and experts in one discipline or another.  I enjoy the competition shows, but to me there is already a lot of that offered by other programs as well, and when a program becomes too repetitive I lose my interest. (ADD moment I guess).  If you want to know what I like,  well I like it all.  The instruction, history, science, and the people of the culture.   I was hoping this input would help, but it just might make things harder :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk