Author Topic: .327  (Read 17662 times)

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .327
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »
Depends on how one measures "good". 
Supposedly more power than .38+P, more controllability tan .357mag, 6 shots in what is a 5-shot platform in those other 2 calibers. I would kind of want to wait and make sure this cartridge has some life span, but the guns do shoot a couple of the smaller 32's. At least you would probably never be stuck with a paper weight. My .357 SP101, with the 3 inch barrel, is probably one of my favorite guns. My wife's too.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »
The other .32's are under powered for anything but punching paper or people though, and not that good for defense.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »
The other .32's are under powered for anything but punching paper or people though, and not that good for defense.
Yep, that sure is true. It would become kind of an expensive plinker. I would still like to see it catch on. It may a great cartridge for something like the S&W J-frame.

Ron J

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »

This one looks good on paper.  Especially if it can be put into a six shot J frame.  Pushing the energy of a 357mag but with something like 20% less recoil.  Sounds interesting. 

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 02:33:06 AM »
This one looks good on paper.  Especially if it can be put into a six shot J frame.  Pushing the energy of a 357mag but with something like 20% less recoil.  Sounds interesting. 
It sounds like a good "wife gun", like "no really honey, I got it for you."

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:56:33 AM »

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 03:20:19 AM »
Sounds like a good thing.  Hope it doesn't go the route of the .41 Mag.  Good caliber but overshawdowed by .44 Mag.
DesertMarine

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 08:09:27 AM »
I've been considering one of these as well. The .32 H&R Mag round will punch a hole in a 1" piece of dry oak and I currently utilize it in a j-frame for summertime carry. The .327 would be another attractive pocket carry option.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »
The .327 is what the 32. H&R "Magnum" should have been in the first place. If I had my heart set on an SP101 I think I would chose it over the .38/.357 for the one extra round capacity. One round doesn't sound like much until you rephrase it, 20% HIGHER CAPACITY. That alone will sell it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
I think this would be a great round in a single action Ruger Blackhawk especially if made in a 50th anniversary .357 sized frame.  I've heard of a couple  custom ones out there already.  I'd also think it would be a super rifle round.  I'd like to see it in a Marlin lever action.  I kind of look at it as a modern hot 32-20.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »
That would be a nice game getter in a rifle. But my idea of a modern pistol caliber lever action would be a .357 Magnum Winchester 94 Trapper rechambered to .357 Maximum. It would need a little milling of the shell lifter for the longer cartridges and not much else modified. There are several good loads available from Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk