Author Topic: Savage recalls B-Mag  (Read 3269 times)

tombogan03884

Savage recalls B-Mag
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
Just ran across this on Face Book;

http://www.gunsandammo.com/news/savage-issues-recall-on-b-mag-rifle-bolts/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=gunsandammo&utm_content=gunsandammo

Owners of a Savage Arms B.MAG rifle in .17 WSM made before September 2015 can receive a free retrofit kit from the company, due to a fault discovered with the gun.

Savage has discovered that the bolt on some B.MAG rifles is capable of inadvertently catching the safety release and sliding it forward into the firing position.

There are no reports of accidents due to this fault, and Savage has developed a simple bolt handle and cap retrofit that is available to all owners of recalled rifles free of charge.

Savage is advising B.MAG rifle owners to not fire their gun until the bolt has been retrofitted.

A dedicated recall website is available here, and a hotline (844-784-3301) is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST. Owners can identify their firearm through an online look-up tool at the bottom of the recall website, file a claim, and receive a free retrofit kit, which includes simple instructions for replacing the bolt handle and cap.

No other Savage firearms are affected by this condition.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/news/savage-issues-recall-on-b-mag-rifle-bolts/#ixzz3jr52ARD1

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Savage recalls B-Mag
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
I damn near bought one of those. All that kept me from it, was I found a better deal on a Marlin Model X-7 in .223. So I went with it. Now I'm glad I did. They're having a lot of accuracy issues with the B-Mag. Accuracy problems are unusual for Savage. Their rifles are usually tack drivers. These shoot all over the map. Hard to find, and costly ammo as well.

tombogan03884

Re: Savage recalls B-Mag
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 08:41:15 AM »
The accuracy problem is probably due to the caliber. People seem to like one or 2 of these BB sizes, but the rest are unstable and not worth a crap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk