Author Topic: Let the fun, and pain, begin!  (Read 4057 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Let the fun, and pain, begin!
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »
Sitting here this morning looking at the day.  Typical Sunday morning is my favorite skillet breakfast - Done (and ambulance on the ready just in case); relaxing and waiting for church time; reading; and checking in online.

I have already started another thread in another area based on some reading I have been doing since yesterday, and now am looking at this afternoon's project.

I have the Stoeger Stage Coach gun ready for some fine tuning.  There has been some file and emery cloth work done to some parts already to loosen up the action, and a Dremel with cutoff wheel was taken to the latch spring.  Next step - Brake hone is going into the bores to allow hulls to easily drop out, with a little relief cutting for slicker loading.

My only question for the day is one that can be answered by MB:  Where is that fine line concerning power tools and abrasives that will put me on the Dremel Watch List  ::)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Let the fun, and pain, begin!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »
It's right there "between a hair more" and "Ahh CRAP"

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
If you use a brake hone, use the finest grit you can find,You don't want to remove metal just polish it,I would use an oversized bore mop with polishing compound on it then finish with Flitz or Semi-chrome.when you're done it should look shiny without any machine marks/scores in the chamber
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »
Stoeger is done, except to test firing.

The brake hone was used to massage with oiled 1500 grit paper.

The action falls open when the lever is pushed, it snaps shut with the flick of a wrist, and fired hulls can either be tipped out or flipped out.

A sore knee changed my plans this afternoon, so several hours of watching sports while massaging mating surfaces have this gun ready for test firing, and the Rosi 92 ready for testing as well.  May have a little more to do on the Rosi, but the action is much improved.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk