Author Topic: SHOT POD ONE DAY LATE!!!  (Read 3338 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SHOT POD ONE DAY LATE!!!
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:08 AM »
SORRY!

Guys...I'm going to be late on DOWN RANGE Radio for this week. Honestly, I am exhausted. Had business dinners up until a few minutes ago. Will get up zero dark thirty and start recording.

I'm very pleased with the DRTV Live Feed, 1-3 Vegas time. Today went super well. Two hours of live feed takes it out of you, though. Did find my first "Michael Must Buy" item -- the Swarovski X5(I) 3.5-18 illuminated scope. Yes, I realize I will have to sell my car to afford it, but it will be worth it. My pal Dean Capuano bought one by the Live Feed, and it is a magnificent piece of glass. Three full turns of elevation adjustment...116 MOA elevation adjustment. "Magnificent" is $3K and up...maybe I can get a second job at the Stop and Rob.

Spent some time with Greg Mooney at STI, which I have said before are some of the finest production guns in America. I have an STI Marauder 9mm that I have used for 3-Gun, and last Christmas I gave my Sweetie a 9mm STI edge for 3-Gun, and you can't pry it out of her hands. Greg has some great stuff for 2016, including a Chris Costa version 2012. I want to swing back by and get some pictures for you guys. Their new stuff is beautiful, too.

Stopped by and talked to Kenda Leseigne about her signature line of Uberti pistols. Kenda is one of the coolest people in the world, even if she persists in hanging around with ne'er-do-well RECOIL editor Iain Harrison. There may be a SHOOTING GALLERY Italian cowboy gun trip in our future!

I have never been a particular fan of the 10mm, but today I handled a Lipsey's Sig Sauer all-steel P220 in 10mm, and I thought THAT is a hog hunting machine.  I've always thought the 220 in many ways rivaled the 1911 in stature as an iconic platform (and I've always hated that in a moment of weakness I traded off my European butt magazine release 220 .45... One of the most accurate .45s I've owned). The Lipsey's gun is available with adjustable sights and available in SAO...a perfect hunting pistol! After the super home run of the Lipsey's/Larry Vickers GLOCK 17/19 (5000 units sold in 4 days), you've got to acknowledge that Lipsey's has the pulse of the market.

Also, before I collapse, I want to thank all of you for your concern and well wishes on my crumbling knee. It means a lot to me.

Drugs are kicking in...more tomorrow...

Again, my apologies on the lateness of the pod!!!!!!!!
Guys...I'm going to be late on DOWN RANGE Radio for this week. Honestly, I am exhausted. Had business dinners up until a few minutes ago. Will get up zero dark thirty and start recording.

I'm very pleased with the DRTV Live Feed, 1-3 Vegas time. Today went super well. Two hours of live feed takes it out of you, though. Did find my first "Michael Must Buy" item -- the Swarovski X5(I) 3.5-18 illuminated scope. Yes, I realize I will have to sell my car to afford it, but it will be worth it. My pal Dean Capuano bought one by the Live Feed, and it is a magnificent piece of glass. Three full turns of elevation adjustment...116 MOA elevation adjustment. "Magnificent" is $3K and up...maybe I can get a second job at the Stop and Rob.

Spent some time with Greg Mooney at STI, which I have said before are some of the finest production guns in America. I have an STI Marauder 9mm that I have used for 3-Gun, and last Christmas I gave my Sweetie a 9mm STI edge for 3-Gun, and you can't pry it out of her hands. Greg has some great stuff for 2016, including a Chris Costa version 2012. I want to swing back by and get some pictures for you guys. Their new stuff is beautiful, too.

Stopped by and talked to Kenda Leseigne about her signature line of Uberti pistols. Kenda is one of the coolest people in the world, even if she persists in hanging around with ne'er-do-well RECOIL editor Iain Harrison. There may be a SHOOTING GALLERY Italian cowboy gun trip in our future!

I have never been a particular fan of the 10mm, but today I handled a Lipsey's Sig Sauer all-steel P220 in 10mm, and I thought THAT is a hog hunting machine.  I've always thought the 220 in many ways rivaled the 1911 in stature as an iconic platform (and I've always hated that in a moment of weakness I traded off my European butt magazine release 220 .45... One of the most accurate .45s I've owned). The Lipsey's gun is available with adjustable sights and available in SAO...a perfect hunting pistol! After the super home run of the Lipsey's/Larry Vickers GLOCK 17/19 (5000 units sold in 4 days), you've got to acknowledge that Lipsey's has the pulse of the market.

Also, before I collapse, I want to thank all of you for your concern and well wishes on my crumbling knee. It means a lot to me.

More tomorrow...

A very tired MB...
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SHOT POD ONE DAY LATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
We all know how hard SHOT is for you and the rest of the DRTV crew. As for us, we will survive waiting a few extra days for a podcast. Do what you gotta do, TRY to go easy on the knee, and get back to Colorado so you can get patched up!
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Timothy

Re: SHOT POD ONE DAY LATE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »
I won't even hold it against you that you made me read the same post, twice...  Actually, I figured it out after the first or second paragraph..  I'm a bit of a dumbass!  :)

You're tired, young man!  Get to bed...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk