Author Topic: Primers at Midway & Cabela's  (Read 4806 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Primers at Midway & Cabela's
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »
Now through February, Midway USA is waiving the hazmat fee on CCI primers if you order $150 or more.

I know some of you guys order in bulk, so I figured I'd post this link.

http://www.midwayusa.com/promo/february-cci-no-hazmat?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-specials-_-initial-_-20160126

February CCI Primer No HazMat
Valid from 1/25/2016 12:00 AM CT to 2/29/2016 11:59 PM CT

Use the code"16HAZMAT01" at checkout.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Zero Hazmat on CCI Primers at Midway
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
Waiving the fee? 

I thought it was imposed by the carriers and whatever laws applied to them?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:36:00 PM »
Waiving the fee? 

I thought it was imposed by the carriers and whatever laws applied to them?

OK....how 'bout "absorbing" the fee?

Or footin' the bill for you?

As far as carriers go, yes the fee must still be paid...... So, yes...somebody gotta pay.

Midway is saying for the next month, it ain't you that's paying the fee.......

But, looking at prices, I figure it's just spread out and included in slightly elevated pricing...considering you have to purchase a minimum $150...meaning, you are probably still paying it (or a good portion, anyways), it's just not a line item cost on your side.

That sound better?   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:31:39 PM »
Thanks, Chuck.  Just haven't had time to post this.   Haven't checked the prices myself, but you know Larry's not loosing money whether he pays the hazmat for you or not.     I'm fully stock at the 5k-10k level right now.  Not at my ordering point yet.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:36:25 PM »
Okay, just went and check prices.   For 5,000 with shipping it comes to 3.7cents/primer.  I'm not sure that's a good deal.    My last buy in November was 3.1 with shipping and hasmat. 

Of course there's also no sales tax, for me, so that's a factor compared to local purchase.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

Re: Primers at Midway & Cabela's
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:59:50 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
Just like "Free Shipping", it means   "Included in the price"

But that doesn't seem as attractive as saying it's Free

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:23 PM »
Stopped by Cabela's today going home from the range.  $32.99/1,000 CCI Small Pistol.  With sales tax that comes to 3.5cents each.  No shipping.

Pays to shop around.   

Will work for ammo

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Primers at Midway & Cabela's
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 05:22:20 PM »
Yep.

The price generally reflects the supposed savings....... nothing is free.

I figured that was average or slightly above for primers. But some folks might not have easy sticks & bricks access to larger quantities, so I figured I'd post it.

A month ago, Cabela's had S&B primers on sale for around $19 per 1000 and still have them in stock for $25 per 1000. In bulk, even with the $20 flat hazmat, that is pretty good....and if you get several folks in on the order, it gets even better.. I have spoke with several folks that use that brand for competition ammo and all said it works as good as any other brand.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/sellier-amp-bellot-primers-ndash-brick/2002898.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dprimers%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=primers

I changed the post title to reflect both of the above.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Re: Primers at Midway & Cabela's
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »
There are three types of purchasing:

1.  Buy it when you see it, and don't worry about price;

2.  Shop and shop and shop for the lowest possible price, and only purchase the absolute lowest;

3.  Work a budget for items that includes reasonable purchase price ranges, and purchase when within that range.

I personally don't have the finances to do #1, and I don't have the time and patience to do #2.  However, number three, while not giving me the lowest cost at all times, does fit my lifestyle of assuring that what I purchase is affordable for me, and that it fits within my terms of reasonable cost.

It is true that two tenths of a cent does equate to ten dollars on a case of 5,000 primers, but unless you are already at the store, or in the neighborhood, you can't drive any distance to save $10, especially when you are talking a lot of 5,000 pieces.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk