Author Topic: Related hobbies?  (Read 21018 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Related hobbies?
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2021, 10:05:26 AM »
I just started getting into that, Printing, not YT.
Thank God for CHEP, He got me through a couple WTF moments    ;D
Thingiverse has 1:1 functional models of a Luger, an MP 40, and several other guns that I want to make..

Have you heard about 3D printing in metal? It makes 1:1 functional models sound more functional and less like models. :o
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2021, 10:06:11 AM »
I've been keeping busy   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2021, 10:14:00 AM »
Put a red stocking cap on and you have a scale model. It's not Mini-Me, it's Tiny Tom. ;) Seriously though, that's pretty cool, Tom. I just recently came across thingyverse myself, and promptly forgot about it before I could tell anyone. My memory went to $h!t several beers ago. Uh, years ago. Yeah, that's what I meant.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2021, 01:25:49 PM »
I have NEVER been that mellowed in my life  ;D

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2021, 05:25:39 AM »
My hobby is 3D printing and I spend a lot of time on it.I also want to create my own YouTube channel about 3D printing. But for the last six months I've been putting it off because there were a lot of problems besides. But maybe in the new year I will do it. I still want to buy a new 3D printer, a more professional one, and a good camera to shoot video. It certainly takes a lot of money, but I hope https://mr.bet/at will help me with that. So maybe someday I will become a famous blogger)

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:58:06 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2021, 07:59:24 AM »
Have you looked into scanning things for printing ?
From my limited research it seems you only really need a lazy susan and a cell phone camera, but a dedicated set up costs quite a bit more than the printers.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2021, 05:18:10 AM »
It's a little known fact that the Lazy Susan was named after my sister-in-law. My older brother does all the shopping, cooking and cleaning, and everything else that needs to be done around his house. It's even worse than when my ex asked me, after 1 or 2 years of marriage, "How do you turn on the vacuum cleaner?". And he has a boomerang kid. My brother threw his son out and he flew right back. Luckily his daughter didn't come back too.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
Have you looked into scanning things for printing ?
From my limited research it seems you only really need a lazy susan and a cell phone camera, but a dedicated set up costs quite a bit more than the printers.

Its not that bad, the guy that built my moms prosthetic  had a small hand held scanner that used the cloud for computing power.  It was made by an Israeli  company.  I got interested  so I loopked them up.  They built missile tracking and defense systems.  Turns out 3d plotting in space is very simple.  It was not terrible expensive  for the scanner  ( like $300)  the software and cloud service not so much
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2021, 03:50:59 PM »
<Back to Ham Radio for a moment>

Well I got the SignaLink A/D box and the WSJTX software and I'm holding forth on FT8 mode on 20m.

I never made any effort to collect awards in my 50+ years of being a ham but finally signed up for Logbook of the World (LotW) and already have 18 confirmed states towards WAS.

FT8 (a digital mode of communicating for those not familar) is like cheating.   I see someone call CQ, double click on their listing and enable transmit.  The software handles it all.  I just look over occasionally to click OK for the log book entry.  Miss the actual "talking" to people.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk