Author Topic: Related hobbies?  (Read 21162 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Related hobbies?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2021, 08:17:44 AM »
Time to ask Marshall to zero out that account.  But...it does get posts on and that counts for advertising so I guess I could live with IT.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2021, 01:37:41 PM »
My hobby is 3D printing and I spend a lot of time on it. I watch YouTube channels about 3D printing.

OK, if you are human,
 my Ender 3 Pro does everything it's supposed to up to the point I select a program, then it squeals for 30 seconds and  reboots.
I have already contacted the manufacturer, but no answer yet. Using the regular firmware Marlin 1.0.1
Any ideas or suggestions ?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »
Gettin' older.   Don't know what next year will bring, so starting to do a little more with ham radio.  Got a 20m ham stick up and have made 39 confirmed states in 4 month on FT8.  Not the ham radio I remember but I am having fun chasing down these last states.  Grid Tracker helps a lot.

I've got 26' Rohn 25 tower.  Actually 3 sections but buried 4' of the bottom in concrete.   Am going with Hustler 4-BTV four band vertical (40/20/15/10) from DX Engineering.  They seem to have the whole show very well put together, accessories, instructions, customer service.   I may regret not getting 80m but that I can add later or do a separate wire antenna.

I decided that since I'm no longer going with a horizontal beam I don't really need 26'.   Here's a picture after I removed the side-bar VHF antennas. Don't need the TV antenna as it's been replaced by on higher up on the chimney.  And you can see the Ham Stick on top.

The 10' top section stops just above the security light.  I'll mount the 4-BTV on top, above the light.  Getting the section loose may be a problem but worst case is I'll just cut it off.  I bought the tower used for a $20 a section not a big loss and somebody could use this cut off piece as a bottom section like I did.

Here's my cheap, home made side mount with my 6m/2m/400 vertical and scanner discone.   Got it down yesterday and am replacing it with a more professional side mount.  It will go just below the security light.

Pretty chinsey angle iron construction but it's held up for 15 or so years now.

So the construction begins.  New 1" pipe.  Painted partially for protection and partially to make it less visible, though the neighbor is probably happy that it's going to be 10' lower.   Have clamps, waiting on stainless bolts to show from DX.  Local stores didn't carry fully threaded 5" ss bolts.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2021, 03:37:11 PM »

It's  SUPPOSED to be a stairway !
Are you trying to cheap out ?    ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2021, 05:40:39 PM »
It's  SUPPOSED to be a stairway !
Are you trying to cheap out ?    ;D

Eiffel had to start somewhere too..... as long as he doesn't end up with the leaning tower of Sauve.
 ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 10:29:03 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2021, 09:22:03 AM »
Eiffel had to start somewhere too..... as long as he doesn't end up with the leaning tower of Sauve.
 ;D ;D

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2021, 09:56:27 AM »
Don't you guys know???

It's a stairway to Heaven!!!   ;) ;) ;)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2021, 05:21:52 PM »
Don't you guys know???

It's a stairway to Heaven!!!   ;) ;) ;)

Alf had to BUY it.
The ladder was on sale .   ;D

A friend of mine was just bitching about the cost of a stairway to his porch.
Can you imagine the stringers you'd need for Heaven ?   :o        ;D

Timothy

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2021, 05:30:41 PM »
Alf had to BUY it.
The ladder was on sale .   ;D

A friend of mine was just bitching about the cost of a stairway to his porch.
Can you imagine the stringers you'd need for Heaven ?   :o        ;D

I own a speed square!

tombogan03884

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »
I own a speed square!

What you'll need is spare arms and legs to pay for the lumber .   ;D

Maybe the guy from South Park can help.   ;D   ;D   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTp0S0IsNM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk