Poll

The small frame snubnose is a popular gun for CCW, do you carry extra ammo?

One cylinder only, no extra.
One or more speedstrips.
In belt loops.
In dump pouches.
One or more speedloaders.
Loose rounds in pocket.
Another loaded gun.

Author Topic: Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?  (Read 6117 times)

Mojave Desert

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »
The snub-nosed revolver.  Compact, sometimes lightweight with adequate power.  It is usually limited to 5-6 shots before requiring a reload.  What is your prefered method in carrying extra ammo for your little carry revolver?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 12:02:49 AM »
I remember some one( some gun writer... no I don't remember who) once said.   If you didn't fix the prob with the 1st 5, your not going to fix it with the next 5.

or something to that effect.   if I was going to carry a reload, it would be in a speed loader, from a pouch.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »
I remember some one( some gun writer... no I don't remember who) once said.   If you didn't fix the prob with the 1st 5, your not going to fix it with the next 5.

or something to that effect.   if I was going to carry a reload, it would be in a speed loader, from a pouch.
I believe it was Walt Rauch and he said it on Shooting Gallery . Walt was the man that opened my eyes to the snubby before I saw that show on Shooting Gallery I wouldn't dream of carrying a snubby. I thought snubbies were useless as tits on a boar hog but after listening to what Walt had to say it made sense and now I am a snubby fan.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
I have an older M-10 that I play with occasionally with three speedloaders on the belt.  I have been thinking of getting a smaller snubbie later on.   The LGS had a Colt Dick Special for $300 but I didn't get back in time.  Problem with those is they aren't in production and a used one is the same price as a new J frame.  But it would be different!!
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
2 Full moon clips in the weak pocket.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:50:24 AM »

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
I believe it was Walt Rauch and he said it on Shooting Gallery . Walt was the man that opened my eyes to the snubby before I saw that show on Shooting Gallery I wouldn't dream of carrying a snubby. I thought snubbies were useless as tits on a boar hog but after listening to what Walt had to say it made sense and now I am a snubby fan.

Jeff cooper has also said something along those lines, just FYI. I don't carry extra ammo on my person when crrying my snubbie (which holds 7 rounds, BTW. ;D). when I Do keep extra ammo in the glovebox, I keep one or 2 speedloaders in a pouch.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »
 :)mainly carry a snubbie during the summer and all my shorts have cargo pockets. That's where I keep the phone, loose change, sun glasses and speed loaders. In an emergency, all the other crap gets ripped out to get to the reloads. 8)
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
I carry an auto loader.... no extra magazine
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
If carrying my snubbie (S&W 342PD, Ti) I have 2 speed loaders in my vest pocket and 2 -2x2x2 cartridge holders, That way I can do both a tactical or full reload as needed, Like a spare tire for my vehicle, I would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

pgrass101

• Forum Member
    • Defensive Carry
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »
I carry 2 speed strips with my Taurus 605

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk