Author Topic: Time But To Late  (Read 13258 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Time But To Late
« on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »
I am putting this under our Rights area, because I believe it applies:

We are in a time when education, knowledge, and the ability to use critical thinking matter.  However, we also live in a time when we cannot teach fast enough to save the day.

I turned on CNN this morning as I am doing my creative writing, log books, and I am scared by what I see and here.  Pres. BHO went on attack over the use of "radical" to differentiate members of a group who are a problem, or should we accurately say "radicalized."  The Pres. talked in circles over and over, and all he did was play sandlot games in his high office to bully a, or all, candidate(s) who are against his whore girlfriend Hillary.

I am also seeing and hearing how they are using the correct term "semi automatic" as the new evil machine. 

This couple hours of news in my ears, without 100% attention, I have realized how much I value my parents and other elders, my teachers from kindergarten through college, Sunday School and other church meetings, and my good friends who challenge me.  Americans need to have in their skill set the skill of critical thinking - The ability to evaluate what is being said and weigh it against all facts from multiple angles.  This is not something that can be taught and learned in short order, but even though many don't have it today does not mean we should not assist them to learn it to be prepared for the future.

As a side note, I just saw a very short bit where they interviewed a gun shop owner, in Orlando, about his thoughts on purchases and people on the Terror Watch List.  The interview was choppy and cut short - What did he say?  I was asked in a poll what I thought on that at one time (Poll by anti-gun group).  They asked about Terror Watch List and also No Fly List.  I said if you are on the list according to our Right of Due Process I supported them being denied other rights and freedoms, but if it was as today I did not support it.  They pressed me several times for a yes or no, and I refused to back down until they added the words "As the rules stand today," to which I answered I the lists don't matter, and you should be able to purchase and keep.

At the end of a long rant, here is a thought for a while:

How do we interact with people we don't agree with in a way that they understand our beliefs and we help them to understand better the facts. 
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time But To Late
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:25 AM »
It really IS distressing to see people you know spouting stupid. I offer some facts, then offer to talk or even show them gun stuff. Some talk, rarely one will go for the gun stuff. But if they go into full retard, I offer them my middle finger and walk away. You can't fix stupid, and you can't fix the desire in a human to be a mindless meat puppet.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
These folks cannot live in a reasoned society.  They devolve to insults rather quickly...  I've had friends I've known for fifty years de-friend me on the Fecesbook. 

I don't mind, they know not what they do!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 11:03:08 AM »
These folks cannot live in a reasoned society.  They devolve to insults rather quickly...  I've had friends I've known for fifty years de-friend me on the Fecesbook. 

I don't mind, the know not what they do!

With the way thing are getting I consider it a badge of honor. ;)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
They're not my enemy.  They're just confused on the issue because they're expecting the world to be some utopic society described in Lennon's "Imagine"!  I hold no ill will toward them..

Hell, I "unfollow" most of my list of friends because of the amount of BS that pops up on the news feed..  You know the ones, they like or share everything without posting a comment.

I'm surround by the lefties...but I don't get into pissing contests with them.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:07:29 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »
They're not my enemy.  They're just confused on the issue because they're expecting the world to be some utopic society described in Lennon's "Imagine"!  I hold no ill will toward them..

Hell, I "unfollow" most of my list of friends because of the amount of BS that pops up on the news feed..  You know the ones, they like or share everything without posting a comment.

I'm surround by the lefties...but I don't get into pissing contests with them.

Yep......my news feed is slim.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
Same way they interact with us.
Fists, rocks, and loaded guns.
That IS what the 2 A is for you know.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »
Anybody else have the urge to go by a few lowers?   I may just put away 1 or 2 AR-15s and 1 AR-10, if I can find one reasonably priced.   But already, most places are out of stock.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »
As I finished deliveries yesterday I was just a block from a friend's gun shop.  I don't get to see him often, because he is 100 miles north of me, so I stopped in.

He said that Monday he had constant calls about AR's, and only a couple made him suspicious about anti or media, because they referred to them as "assault rifles."  We talked about it and agreed that there will be a little up tick in sales, but just like every other election or threat of laws it won't really bring anyone new in.  It is just the thing that triggers those who were planning to buy to do the deed.  Kinda like planning to have a burger some time today, and then lighting the grill and grabbing the meat when you smell the neighbor grilling.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 05:59:42 AM »
These people most definitely ARE the enemy.
They are not the enemies of guns.
 Gun control, AKA criminal empowerment, is not happening in a vacuum.
 These are the same people who are dumbing down education, destroying morality encouraging BLM thugs to kill cops, spending the country into a blackhole, and encouraging Muslims to kill us.
They are not opposed to guns, it's civilization they want to destroy and if the barbarians at the gate are not your enemies then you are part of the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk