Author Topic: About Time: Accuracy testing my guns  (Read 3635 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
About Time: Accuracy testing my guns
« on: June 18, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »
I've shot quite a bit at 10yds or less, I really haven't paid due diligence to the accuracy of my guns, and my reloads.

After the 929 problems, I decided to test out my G17.   Hmm guess what?  It's not very accurate with 124gr bullets either.  Duh.   Should have done this long ago.

Will be getting some 147gr bullets for sure.   Since the large July GSSF match is almost on me I may be shooting Am Eagle or Atlanta Arms for that one as opposed to reloads.

and before somebody objects, yes, there were some extra holes in the 124gr target that I Gimp'd over.  They were from something else.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: About Time: Accuracy testing my guns
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
After the 929 problems, I decided to test out my G17.   Hmm guess what?  It's not very accurate with 124gr bullets either.  Duh.   Should have done this long ago.

A sure sign you have too many guns. 

To ease your separation hardship, I will be glad to receive your excess in a cheerful manner.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk