Author Topic: Lowest unemploymentrate in decades  (Read 2069 times)

tombogan03884

Lowest unemploymentrate in decades
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »
The Obama administration has been bragging about 5% unemployment, and how great the economy is.
I just took a little survey online .
The question was, "Do you like your job".
Possible answers were Yes, No, and I don't have a job.
Results were,
Yes. 41%
No. 11%
I don't have a job.  48%

Granted, it isn't scientific , and the sample was only 1040 votes but you would expect SOME resembance to the govt numbers if they were not total BS.
Goes back to that book on propaganda, one of the rules is use lots of official, or scientific papers to support you premise, no one will read them, they'll just take your word for it.
Same thing they do with "Global Warming".

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Re: Lowest unemploymentrate in decades
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:19:36 AM »
1)

And of course the "official" unemployment rate that is touted only counts those who are able, willing and looking for work.  It's the U3.  A much more severe measure is the U6 which stands a 9.6%.

2)

We're looking at a shrinking denominator as the work place participation rate has fallen drastically.  10 years ago it was above 66%, but now is just below 63%

3)

Hitting the 5% number has been severely delayed.  The economic stimulus wasted billions of dollars to get us to this point, when by the White House's own estimate, we'd would already be below this number 5 years ago WITHOUT the stimulus.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Lowest unemploymentrate in decades
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:40:49 AM »
More than 1,000 young men camped out on the sidewalk over the weekend in NY to apply for union plumber apprentice jobs. The union  hands out 1,000 apps and culls that to a small percentage who will have a chance to actually get a job.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/17/plumbers-union-apprenticeship-program/ 

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk