Author Topic: GSSF 2016  (Read 5361 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
GSSF 2016
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
I know it's late in the year to start this thread, but GSSF just concluded the Nationals match at the Griffin(GA) Gun Club.   My first visit to the club and it's a nice place.  Not big but well laid out and pleasant.   I didn't shoot last year because of conflicts.  This is only the second year at Griffin.  Nice hosts, well done. 

I shot on Friday so I missed most of the"ceremony, vendors and the celebrity shoot off.  Did manage to wave at Gunny.   GSSF set a record of over 1,600 entries (about 600-700 people).   Friday is definitely the most laid back time to shoot.  The ROs and volunteers shoot then and there are no lines.   I'm glad I didn't lug around my portable chair as I had no time to use it.   I didn't even paste on 5-to-Glock because there was nobody ahead of me and nobody waiting after me to shoot. 

I scored 77.28 on Competition and 82.35 on Civilian.  Not my best but improved over the last couple of times.   The preliminary results show me at 54/337 in Competition and 32/438 in Civilian.  And yes, my nemesis, and friend, Mason Murphy beat me out for Super Sr. 

Plates were good with 21.75 and 20.43.  A little unsteady but still getting where I want to get.  Cleaned 5-to-Glock once.  And not terrible on the other runs, but could be better.  Really got to work on the  25 yard shooting.  Overall goal is to do a sub-70. 

Anybody else have some GSSF results?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GSSF 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
I shot the Griffin range once for a Ga State Match... when they turned the lights out... it was pitch black.... I've had an LED headlamp in my shooting bag since

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
I've never shot in any competition but I like hearing from you guys that do. Keep us posted.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »
Jumbofrank... other than some practical gun handling skills, the best part of practical shooting competition is the people you meet...it was always fun to shoot in Georgia, meet new people, and see what kind of stages they shot, and enjoy the cooler weather...I had a chance to shoot at Flint River, South River, Cherokee, and Griffin over the years ...even managed to win a couple of L-10 Senior trophies... the 4 Ft Bragg NC Tactical 3 gun matches, and the 6 Ft Benning 3 gun matches ... my original USPSA number was A2365... now L747... that is how I met Michael B, when he shot in the Tampa area...I'm going to continue to show this picture until he offers me a lot of money to quit...when he had dark hair under the coon skin hat, and I was a lot thinner...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 04:42:24 AM »
It took them a while, but the prizes have finally been awarded in GSSF for the National match.

I WON A PISTOL CERTIFICATE.

Yeah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h.

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:13:24 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 06:25:11 AM »
That's downright kewl Alf.  Congratulations! 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
Congratulations Alf!  I shoot and shoot and the only thing I win is that I get to shoot and shoot.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »
Congrats Alf.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
Took 12 weeks, but it finally arrive at the LGS.

Went last night to do the transfer.   Now many of you know I'm not a Glock fan boy.  I've owned several and only keep the G17 to compete in GSSF matches.   SO.o.o.o.o.o

Question to store manager:  Do you HAVE to actually transfer this particular gun to me?  OR can you just keep this brand new in box G17 Gen4 and give me store credit against another gun?

After much hemming and hawing the manager and I agreed on $450 "trade-in".    Trade in on a Sig P320 Carry.   

This was a first for the store and it took awhile to figure out the procedure to make all the computer systems function right.   For those who may not know, when Miss Kitty wants something really bad she can be one hell of a negotiator.  I was very pleased with the $450 trade in, but she, partially out of boredom, starts to put pressure on the manager.  "Only 2 magazines?"  "How many hour range time comes with it?"   "He's going to need to accessorize this, would you include FO sights?"   The store manager figured out real quick to quit talking with her and complete the paper work before he got badgered into giving the G17 as part of the deal. ;)   

So this turned out very good.  I won a free Glock, put $50 down and walked out with a P320. 

Life is good.
Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »
Congratulations again Alf. Let us know how the Sig performs for you. Some contests I've entered to "win a new gun" they actually give the winner a check for what the gun is valued at so you can buy what you want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk