Author Topic: FBI Investigation reopened on Hillary eMails  (Read 15490 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: FBI Investigation reopened on Hillary eMails
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 06:31:47 AM »
Trust me, corporations don't pay that.  He wants too make in min 15%.

My 4 corperations have jever paid more then the min $800 to stay incorporated.    At the end of the year they always broke even.  The bonus I get is also capital gains not salary.   So it gets the personal gains rate not my 35%.
Like it or not, thats how it works.

I get paid a flat salary, then get performance bonuses every month.   Its how pretty much every one does it, its perfectly legal, trust me most corperations pay less then 5%.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 06:45:19 AM »
Its how pretty much every one does it, its perfectly legal, trust me most corperations pay less then 5%.

Tab, if most corporations actually paid less than 5%, there would be no reason for the bulk of them to have what is conservatively estimated to be over $2.1 Trillion Dollars parked in offshore accounts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-offshore-idUSKCN0S008U20151006

"The 500 largest American companies hold more than $2.1 trillion in accumulated profits offshore to avoid U.S. taxes and would collectively owe an estimated $620 billion in U.S. taxes if they repatriated the funds, according to a study released on Tuesday."

This is why Trump wants to lower the corporate tax rate. If he is elected, and is successful in doing that, that money will bust loose inside this country. Which will all but certainly lead to more hiring and revamping of a lot of corporate infrastructure through reinvestment.

Right now most corporations are content to simply park that cash in interest bearing offshore accounts out of the country. And just wait it out, hoping that things will change. And they won't have to take a 39.1% hit later. If Trump gets in that will happen. If Hillary does, it won't. And you'll have 4 more years of what you got under Obama. Higher taxes across the board. You have to remember, Democrats never saw a tax they didn't like. Especially regarding large, profitable corporations. The Dems love to tax them to death. Just based on the fact of how successful they make Capitalism look.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »

my only hope is that they find something there that pisses obummer off enough to not pardon her( you know like him knowing about this the entire time and him getting his cut for pay to play)

The only way he can pardon her is if she is convicted between now and his exit.  Ain't going to happen!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 06:52:59 AM »
The biggest thing about taxation that the HRC and Bernie fans have missed in all their "evil, don't pay no taxes, imports all his products" Trump bashing is that he understands the system that makes that profitable, and he has proposed how to close it.  As a businessman he understands that an even playing field is the only way to go, and that is what he is pushing for.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:02 AM »
The biggest thing about taxation that the HRC and Bernie fans have missed in all their "evil, don't pay no taxes, imports all his products" Trump bashing is that he understands the system that makes that profitable, and he has proposed how to close it.  As a businessman he understands that an even playing field is the only way to go, and that is what he is pushing for.

This is why the entire Bush family hates Trump so much, they are all willing to vote for Clinton just to spite him. As illogical as that may sound to most people, it PROVES they, (the Bush's), don't want to see torn down the temple of government corporate corruption that family has busted their collective asses in 2 generations of politics trying to build. If anyone actually thinks they're pissed off at him because he called Jeb's wife "A little Mexican", they're doing themselves a great disservice.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:53:59 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
I'm with Tab on the corporate tax thing.  They have so many shill companies under the main corporate banner.  A little company I used to work for would buy a small company as a wholly owned subsidiary.  Then transfer their assets to it and then back to another wholly owned subsidiary, again, again, again which is a tax avoidance scheme totally legal.

Corporate tax is not like personal tax rules.  Back in '86 the offshore properties I worked were owned by Kewannee Oil Company which was a wholly owned subsidiary of Gulf Oil which was owned by Chevron.  Kewannee hadn't been around for decades.  However, they did have a board and corporate officers which signed documents.  As it goes for most companies the people on one company's board is the same on the subsidiary's board as it is for the corporate officers.  And, they usually pick up a few bucks working for each of those companies.  So, they may not make a zillion dollars a year at the main corporation, but they dollars at each corporation add up and you never see those payments...ever.

No, corporations pay very little tax.  They generally have hired a dud MBA if they did pay taxes or it's a Mom & Pop that thinks like personal taxation.

And actually, as we all here know, the taxes the corporations pay are actually transmitted directly to the people who buy their products and services.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »
No, corporations pay very little tax.

Then explain why they've parked the $2.1 trillion? Because they like not being able to reinvest their profits as they see fit. And instead would rather make small, short term fixed interest?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
The only way he can pardon her is if she is convicted between now and his exit.  Ain't going to happen!
nope, he can pardon her for crimes commited from x date to why date.  Remember nixion? 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
Then explain why they've parked the $2.1 trillion? Because they like not being able to reinvest their profits as they see fit. And instead would rather make small, short term fixed interest?

To keep from paying taxes on it.  Those are profits they left with foreign subsidiaries.  Why pay tax on it and then send pennies back later to increase infrastructure, product lines, etc?  Just park it and spend it overseas $ by $ isntead of $ by pennies, i.e., they have the full amount to use not what's leftover after taxes.  They bring back as much as they can without taxation.  When they have problem, some writedown, etc., then they'll bring back larger amunts as well as in bits and pieces to cover downturns, etc. or when they have tax credits that need to be covered because of a lack of profits on this side of the pond. 

That money is not sitting out there in a piggy bank waiting for interest to come in...it's invested or drawing interest right now in whatever accounts they have it parked in....it is being managed to maximize income to the deposit in whatever form it is deposited in.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »
To keep from paying taxes on it.  Those are profits they left with foreign subsidiaries.  Why pay tax on it and then send pennies back later to increase infrastructure, product lines, etc?  Just park it and spend it overseas $ by $ isntead of $ by pennies, i.e., they have the full amount to use not what's leftover after taxes.

Exactly. If they could bring the money into this country at 15%, instead of the current 39.1%, they would. They would be stupid not to. It's how these corporations become so successful. By investing in themselves. A company that is not expanding is dying. A company is no different than a car or a gun. It requires constant maintenance to remain healthy and operating. Right now these companies are keeping that money out of this country, because it's too expensive to bring it back in.

Once the corporate tax rate is more competitive they will. Then watch the market open up. High taxes suppress business. Low taxes make it thrive. This has been proven over and over. Regan was the last to prove it. Look at jobs under the high taxes of the Carter administration. Then look at them after 6 years under Regan. The same holds true today. Obama has been strangling big business with regulations and high taxes. It's why they're all leaving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk