Author Topic: Need Recipe For Marinated Artichoke Hearts  (Read 10116 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Need Recipe For Marinated Artichoke Hearts
« on: October 30, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
Who has a good recipe for marinated artichoke hearts?  Not something light...something bold flavored that punches you in the nose.

I used to hate these things but I am, sigh, older now.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Need Recipe For Marinated Artichoke Hearts
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »
Sorry, pal....no help from me.......beef hearts maybe  :o ..... but, artichoke?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »
Yeah I know.  Artichokes.

Maybe you aren't old enough to eat them yet?   ;)

They seem to be filling the bill right now post-root canal surgery.  Anything with more substance no-can-do.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 11:49:29 AM »
Yeah I know.  Artichokes.

Maybe you aren't old enough to eat them yet?   ;)

They seem to be filling the bill right now post-root canal surgery.  Anything with more substance no-can-do.

I see....and understand completely ................ so, chicken gizzards are out too.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of artichokes?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:15:40 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »
I see....and understand completely ................ so, chicken gizzards are out too.

Yes, but out for a different reason.  I'm from the south, but not that far back in the woods.  My mom still loves fried chicken gizzards..I'm spoiled in that I didn't have to acquire a taste for them like most kids did back when.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of artichokes?
One never knows.  Does one?  If I eat enough of them I may become a Hillary supporter....naw, I'd get nauseous and give 'em back if I saw that coming.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »
I like artichokes! 

I throw up in my mouth over anything Clinton-esque!

I do not have a pickling recipe, however...  I buy the pre pickled.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »
go with avocados instead

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
go with avocados instead

What the heck?  Marinated avocados.  Never heard of that.  I don't see where you could store them any length of time because they'd fall to pieces.  However, if you have a recipe for that pass it on.

Looks like I'm coming up dry on a "local" recipe and will have to rely on the internet...always a dangerous thing to do.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »
What the heck?  Marinated avocados.  Never heard of that.  I don't see where you could store them any length of time because they'd fall to pieces.  However, if you have a recipe for that pass it on.

Looks like I'm coming up dry on a "local" recipe and will have to rely on the internet...always a dangerous thing to do.

Sorry, I thought something "low substance" was the goal not that it had to be marinated..

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk