Author Topic: Need Recipe For Marinated Artichoke Hearts  (Read 10117 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Need Recipe For Marinated Artichoke Hearts
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 09:22:32 PM »
 extra virgin olive oil, lots of garlic.   if you want to go more south American, add limion and vinger.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »
If you're still looking, I've had good luck by starting with a can of the plain-style artichoke hearts, quarters, or bottoms, completely drained.  Then I mix up a batch of Good Seasons Italian dressing.  Combine the two in a glass jar and stick it in the refrigerator for a couple of days.  Invert the jar when you happen to think about it--maybe 4 times over the two day period.  If that doesn't provide a spicy enough taste, add red pepper flakes to taste when you make up the next batch. 

This also works really well with fresh mushrooms.  You can keep them in the fridge for a couple of weeks and they get even better.  I don't know how long they will last under refrigeration since I have limited will power and they taste mighty good.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »
Hmm.. I do not make them either.  I love the ones that I get at Costco and use in my cooking.  Agreed, it was a later in life thing for me too.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 04:29:02 PM »
Best recipe I have ever heard of is gather the AH,  throw them away and fix a steak!  Buth that's just me.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »
I'm going to have to get back on this project after the Holidays.  I like the Italian dressing idea...

I like them just fine with steak!!!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:07:29 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »
All this conversation about artichoke hearts and marinated mushrooms caused some activity on the part of this old Rabbit.

The marinated artichokes vanished in a single meal.

The mushrooms marinated for 3 days and provided a tasty side treat for two meals.  Now, I need to get another batch of fresh 'shrooms started.  I'd forgotten how good these bad boys taste. 

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:18 AM »
-

The celery stalks at midnight

I'm with Richard on Artichokes, and also on 'srooms.   Give me steak au poivre anytime of those things.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk