Author Topic: Why Do People Constantly Complain About The Glock's Grip Angle ??  (Read 18148 times)

Timothy

Re: Why Do People Constantly Complain About The Glock's Grip Angle ??
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »
Once again, you fellas have talked me out of buying a Glock!  I've shot enough handguns to not really be bother by grip angle but the bumps do bother me when I handled my SIL's recently acquired G19.

I'm stingy with my cash so I'll keep plinking away with my P6, for now...still looking to buy a 1911 again too!

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
I really don't understand a lot of complaints about different firearms barring a failure of some sort.Complaints about trigger pull,grip angle,reset and blah blah blah.The way I look at it,if these things bother you so bad it makes you shoot crappy then I think you probably can't shoot well in the first place.I'm really not trying to insult anyone,far from it.I've been shooting firearms about 55 years now,I pick up a weapon that is new to me,fire a few rounds to adjust then good to go.I can see some mods for competitive shooters but the average shooter should just learn to shoot properly and everything will fall in to place. (Flame suit on)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
I really don't understand a lot of complaints about different firearms barring a failure of some sort.Complaints about trigger pull,grip angle,reset and blah blah blah.The way I look at it,if these things bother you so bad it makes you shoot crappy then I think you probably can't shoot well in the first place.I'm really not trying to insult anyone,far from it.I've been shooting firearms about 55 years now,I pick up a weapon that is new to me,fire a few rounds to adjust then good to go.I can see some mods for competitive shooters but the average shooter should just learn to shoot properly and everything will fall in to place. (Flame suit on)

I could not agree more.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »

I agree.

There are few competent marksmen around these days.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
It's got nothing to do with shooting skill .
It's about physical realities like big or small hands, (I defy any of you "competent marksmen" to shoot a standard NAA derringer well) and personal preference.

Sponsor

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 05:53:31 AM »
It's about physical realities like big or small hands, (I defy any of you "competent marksmen" to shoot a standard NAA derringer well) and personal preference.

This doesn't mean the gun sucks.  It just means it isn't the gun for you.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:16 AM »
Gee, maybe that's why tey make so many different types and styles.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 06:20:48 AM »

my weight forward is a fiber renforced nylon type material.   sadly the company that makes it, no longer makes it in the 26 oz size with out a "cut" face( think high tech waffles)  which I don't want for an every day hammer.   I want to be able to use it on things like chisels and nail set with out screwing them up.  they also moved away from the more recetanglar head to a round one so I can't just put the only hardend smooth face on the ti frame.

yes, I called them and offered them twice retail if they could make me another one.  no dice, all the tooling was long gone.   I am going to be very sad when it breaks.  had it about 10 years now.

Two words.  eBay.  Err, that's one word.  Sorry.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 11:09:59 AM »

This is one area where we will just have to "agree to disagree"....  ;)  ;D

IMHO, shooting skill has everything to do with it....whether a product of natural ability or just plain time shooting.....or a combination of both.

I do understand what you are saying and I agree that guns are different and fit everyone differently. But, a person who can shoot a 1911 really well, should be able to transition to a Glock with minimal adjustments. That is what I meant by "competent marksman."

I'll be 49 years old next month, and I've been shooting for 40 of those years....and I can look anyone in the eye and make the statement to the effect that I have never had anyone hand me a gun that I'm unfamiliar with, that inside five or so shots, that I couldn't hit with effectively and continuously. That includes anything from a NAA mini to a Barrett .50 BMG to an HK MP5.

Bob Munden hit a balloon at 200 yards with a NAA....so did Jerry Miculek.... I can't do that.... but, I can hit with it every time at the distance it was intended to be shoot at.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »
The onliest one I couldn't hit anything wit was one of dem M&P Shields in .40 S&W...

Missed every round at 10 yards...  Guy that owned it couldn't hit the the broadside of the barn from the INSIDE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk