Poll

Anything different to put the Merry in your Christmas this year?

Nope.
2 (11.1%)
Yep.
1 (5.6%)
Hillary lost.
1 (5.6%)
Trump won.
3 (16.7%)
Obama is on the way out.
0 (0%)
Options 2 through 5.
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: M E R R Y - - - C H R I S T M A S - - - 2 0 1 9  (Read 8773 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: M E R R Y - - - C H R I S T M A S - - - 2 0 1 9
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
Merry Christmas all.

Indeed....indeed.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2019, 07:09:43 PM »
Merry christmas, the misses loved her xray, the micro rc bmw, i got the box lid thrown at me( 100% my fualt, i poked the bear by saying " lets see you drive it around the block"  she understood the joke, just wanted to give it back)   

Just finished eating, food coma is setting in
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2019, 07:58:50 PM »
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

May all you Galoots get everything you wished for and not just what you deserved!!   ;) :) :) :)
Take care, Every one!!
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I hope it was a meaningful season for all.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 09:59:57 AM »
Sorry, had the boys in for Christmas, then 14 people for a second Christmas Friday night, haven't been online much at all. As my lovely bride likes to say, we had our best maid and butler uniforms on!

Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all on DRTV, hope it was fun, interesting and a joyous time for all.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:14:55 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 08:30:39 PM »
Path with all those people around did you get any of them to help with putting up a ham radio antenna? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 08:47:13 AM »
Path with all those people around did you get any of them to help with putting up a ham radio antenna?

And what part of "best maid and butler uniforms" wasn't clear, Ken?????

And, no, no one helped. Need to find a way to thwart the HOA. Have a Dish dish so will be cutting a slot and running 2m. Hope no one notices it's pointing north toward the repeater and not SW toward the satellite . . . .

Looking at a gutter antenna or using my large blown insulation-filled attic for a mini-G5RV but it's been quite a year. Maybe 2020, wouldn't that be nice?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
I picked up the maid and butler comment....looks like a cop out to me. 

If you have the radiant barrier reflective foil under your roof forget the inside the attic thing...too much power reflected back.  It made my antennas pretty much useless.  If you don't have the barrier, slight googlefu research will show trimming up a couple of 440 or 450 ohm ladder lines and connecting them to a balun.  That's what I have....one in 20M/15M and another cut for 40M/80M.  Pretty simple, all you have to do is remove part of the line at the ends for the higher frequency and at the middle twist the two together into the balun....the wavelength of your transmission will dictate which of the "legs" the power goes to.

And then there is the wire vertical...throw some green nylon up in a tree and hoist it up.  Connect the vertical portion to the center conductor and the radials to the shield of the coax.  You can bury the radials in the ground....voila'.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »
Nope, not a cop out. I didn't mention all the medical stuff, like my SIL being in the hospital for 3 days, and then with us for another 4+, all the while taking care of my brother who is deep in Alzheimer's. That started the day after I had a cardiac procedure done. So, priorities.

As for the G5RV, I've already checked the roof. Since the floor is all blown insulation, there is nothing but wood sheathing and shingles. I do need a slingshot to run the legs of the dipole through the roof trusses tho . . .

My major issue is how to run a cable to the attic, which happens to be right above my study. A thin hole for the ladder line maybe with spackling to hide the hole?

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk