Author Topic: Clips and Magazines  (Read 9992 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Clips and Magazines
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
Thanks. I'm reading this thread, my wife looks over my shoulder, laughs and says, "Mmm... maybe you should clip your son's toenails."

See you in 10.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Schooner?? That's for beer! :)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
I was thinking to thinkin' the other day about my hideaway gun that I keep in the den.  I need a method of storing the extra ammo holder so it is as accessible as the gun.   So I thought I would attach it to  the inside of my periodical holder with a large spring clamp at the book store.  I read about this technique from an article I cut from the barber shop's reading selection where the barber usually over charges me.   So I rushed home at a quick pace to try the new idea. It worked marvelously with the ammo holder for my Garand, that I liberated from the an abandoned two masted cargo schooner.

Any other words" I raced home at a fast "clip" with the "clip"ping from the barber, that "clip"s my hair and "clip"s my wallet, to "clip" the "clip" that I "clip"ped from the "clip"per ship that "clip"ped an iceberg to my "clip"pings holder.

And that's the facts, ma'm.

"Mag"nificent!  :P
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TFox2112

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
This whole thread is absolutely awful. ;D My dad would've loved it. He was always into wordplay. Thanks guys. Brings back good memories.
Tom
NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:17:54 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Have you heard of a type of jokes called groaners? There's usually a long drawn out story leading up to a punclhine that's not quite worth the wait. They will make you groan and ask WHY? If your kids don't behave tell them a groaner. They'll beg you to stop and promise to be good.  ;D There are several variations of this one. I know many here are old enough to get it, but may have to explain it to the young'ns.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy Rogers went into town to buy some new shoes.
He found a pair he liked so much that he decided to wear them back to his ranch instead of his usual boots.
On the way home he was attacked by a Mountain Lion.
It went right for the new shoes, biting at them until Roy was able to draw his gun and shoot it dead.
Roy thought the Mountain Lion would make a great stuffed trophy for his den, so he flung it over Trigger, tied it down, and continued on home.

Dale Evans happened to see him walking up the trail. She saw the Mountain Lion, saw the result of the attack, and shouted:

"Pardon me Roy -- is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »
So I thought I would attach it to  the inside of my periodical holder with a large spring clamp at the book store.

Thanks alfsauve, I am reminded of my Swedish Grandfather who lived in Miami and kept an old .38 revolver in his "periodical holder"
by his trusty old bark-o-lounger. As well as one on top of the fridge, and 2 in the bedroom. He lived in a small house with my grandmother until he died in his garage working on a Volvo sterndrive.

He wanted it that way, and unfortunately my cousin took his pistols and sold them. (Just a Jerry Springer type cousin) and an idiot.

But kudos to the big spring clamp, my wife calls them a "clip." 8)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »
I just saw some clips from the Jerry Springer show the other day.  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 05:24:38 AM »
Never saw the Springer show but I read about it in magazines.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »
CONDITION ELMO,......CONDITION ELMO!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk