Author Topic: Kahr owners - Your attention please:  (Read 2538 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kahr owners - Your attention please:
« on: February 20, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
I recently found something with my Kahr CW45 that I would like to pass on to anyone that may have a Kahr or may be interested in a Kahr.

It also appears this issue can happen not only to older models but ones produced present day;

I don't do video - so keep my horrible cell phone video in mind - I was dry firing the CW45 today (Feb 20 2017) and kept noticing that at the point of the "hammer" going forward, my front sight would drop about 1/4 dot circumference.
...hmmm maybe just me - repeat dry fire 20 or more times... each time at the point of breaking to ignite a round, the front sight drops.

Horrible videos follows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rABlYE5KEW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGElxUufSMI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5eFp9UGVSU

I have tried as best as I can to keep the lower as steady as possible - all of the movement appears to be the slide / barrel assembly -

Now some wiser people than I over at Kahrtalk knew what to look for and how to test - which I am a victim of:

The slide sticks out farther than the front metal guide rails. In other words the front of the slide is completley unsupported untll it travels back far enough to begin traveling on the rails."

It's not about the width of the grooves in the slide as compared to the rails in the dust cover. What I'm seeing is that when the slide is completely forward/in battery, the grooves are ahead of the end of the frame rails.

I think a properly made poly Kahr (or least it's how my CW9 is made) would have a slide and front rails interface something similar to that in this photo:

I've found it's much easier to check for the issue by pinching the slide and dust cover together. Then while holding them together, see if you can move the slide rearward. If the front rail is interfaced correctly you WILL be able to retract the slide - if the front rails are TOO SHORT when you pinch the slide to the frame you WILL NOT be able to retract the slide.

I just wanted to pass this along, some may know about this issue, and others - Like me may not know about an issue that could be dangerous - and I've been shooting and carrying my CW45 for quite sometime... and up until today never noticed this issue which was LITERATELY right in front of my face.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Kahr owners - Your attention please:
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
Must be the polymer pistols only,I just checked my K-9 and it's solid as a rock,no movement.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk