Author Topic: taxes....  (Read 4704 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
taxes....
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
Well got mine and thr corpate done....  I feel broke and violated. I would not mind paying  if they would actually use my taxes for important things, not waste them like they do.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1453
Re: taxes....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
It is no longer your tax dollars at work but rather your tax dollars at waste!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
Look on the bright side TAB .
You're out of Ca. so there are fewer tax dollars for them to waste.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »
Look on the bright side TAB .
You're out of Ca. so there are fewer tax dollars for them to waste.

yes, but we have Portland that is more liberal then SFBA  just less gay.

trust me, we need the state of Jefferson.... it will fix nor cal and OR.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
This is the first year I've been able to get mine done by March 1st. 

And I already have the small state refund. 

BUT GET THIS:   I got a $2,000 check from the IRS.   It says because I overpaid my estimated payments.  They had no other beef with my return.  My withholding was reported correctly. Only the estimated payments was off.  SO THEY SAID.

Now I've checked last year's (2015) and I owed money.   I've check, double and triple checked and there's no way I under reported my estimated payments.    I can not find where I sent them $2,000 more than I reported. 

I've banked their check, and will await some future date when they ask for it back.   I'm betting somebody else got a $2,000 tax bill for under paying.   They'll be ticked and will start an trace and eventually they'll figure it out.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:01:31 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »
Send it to me, Alf!

I didn't pay any taxes on my unemployment last year!  I'll owe them that much.  Might even do my taxes before the 17th...

:)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »
This year will be the latest we have filed in decades.  The accountant is done, be we are waiting for a letter from the IRS with a special PIN.  That will need to go on our paper return and mailed in this year, and it will need to be used in E-Filing from now on.

This is all because someone took it upon themselves to file for me this year.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
This year will be the latest we have filed in decades.  The accountant is done, be we are waiting for a letter from the IRS with a special PIN.  That will need to go on our paper return and mailed in this year, and it will need to be used in E-Filing from now on.

This is all because someone took it upon themselves to file for me this year.

You have my deepest sympathy, Mike.

Bunny and I filed electronically this year from our CPA's office.  You have no idea the feeling of relief and satisfaction we felt when we got confirmation from Uncle.  No one had filed on our behalf.  The refund was, in fact, our refund.

Of course, it immediately went to pay next year's quarterlies.  Bunny still works as an independent contractor and needs to pay quarterlies.  This should be the last year for that.  She's winding down and should retire officially this year.

So, I'm now officially married to an old broad--but, we won't have all that tax liability.  (or, any more of nasty, sweaty old people sex...  sort of miss that)

FWIW,

Crusader Rabbit.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

lcambre

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »
Broke and violated says it all for me.  Second year of working as an independent contractor and you really see just how much the tax burden is.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 08:02:32 AM »
and on a lighter note...I squandered my refund on a 10 1/2" 9mm upper for my SBR... $400 upper from PSA and $150 mag block from Macon Armory.... loaned the bolt to a friend for a spare at the USPSA Nationals this last weekend, so haven't had a chance to play with it yet....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk