Author Topic: GSSF 2017  (Read 7279 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: GSSF 2017
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
Did they finally achieve perfection on the fifth try?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 08:50:15 PM »
Did they finally achieve perfection on the fifth try?

No but it's miles ahead of earlier gens.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:07:02 PM »
No but it's miles ahead of earlier gens.

Let me know when they're light-years ahead and I'll buy one.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »

Well, it's light-years ahead of the 1911 and it's other competitors.  Just miles ahead of previous Glocks =)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:54:11 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 06:39:35 PM »
Because of my eye sight I haven't competed indoors for a couple of years.  Today I took my robo-eyes and shot in a GSSF indoor league.  The gen5 g17 grouped well and I didn't do too bad.  494/500.

For those who know the scoring it means I had 3 in the B zone. Two of those were at 15 yds when I let myself get distracted by the shooters next to me.

Not having shot PAR times in a while, I practiced the cadence over the last couple of days and felt comfortable with my speed. 

I've got until next month to practice on and maybe finally hit 500.
Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
A fraction of a fraction of an inch of finger more or less shouldn't cause the gun to lock up.   I just assume all Glock users have this problem but are blinded by the Cool-aide.
Alf, not all Glock users have this problem. If they did, sales would have stopped in 1987. Have you tried a different trigger bar? (any gen3 or gen4 trigger for a 9mm, 40 or 357 will work)
The safety tab on your original may have some excess flashing present that binds it up...don't know.

I have tried to love my gen4 G34 but it just isn't happening. Another pound added to the trigger pull with the gen 4s isn't something I wanted so I used a GSSF gun certificate to order a gen 3 replacement.
All my gen 4s are going away.   

Hope your peepers are functioning OK!!    

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 08:01:43 PM »
Eyes are doing well.  I had my optometrist make me custom progressive reading glasses.  20/15 at the top third and 2.5 readers on the bottom. 

There were many options to fix my gen4, but I only shoot the Glock in GSSF matches and they're suppose to be unmodified (sights and grip tape excluded). 

Maybe a little filing/polishing might have fixed the problem.
Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 03:37:36 AM »
I've got to address the front sight haze myself w/o glasses. I made the dumb mistake of wasting $$ on single vision glasses thinking I could use them for shooting. Well I can - for shotgun! Pistol sights are just an un-recognizable blob.
Come to think of it, I haven't parked my eyes behind a scope with the new glasses. Have to find out how that is going to work.

GSSF allows ANY factory Glock part. You can put in a smooth faced trigger, polish the rubby parts, add a "-" connector...all are still factory parts. If you want to try a different trigger for free, I have some factory ones laying around gathering dust since I switch all mine out to smooth faced.
"Trigger freeze" is  something I absolutely would not tolerate even in a 'range only' gun.

On Edit: Sorry I wasn't more clear in suggesting another trigger. What I *should* have said is "have you tried another Glock trigger", not an aftermarket.

They can change feel with different guts in them, even if those guts come from the same plant. Might be tolerance stack, different machine or mold, some come with a trigger fairy -> others get a troll.   
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
re: shooting glasses... over the years, I've tried a variety of options, prescription up/down, poly carbonate, inserts, none of which worked well for me... those that worked the best for pistol (open sight) were mono vision with my near vision prescription only in my dominant eye, and bifocal in non dominant, with the partition line moved up 2mm... since switching to PCC I shoot with my regular bifocals as I actually see a round dot (I have pretty bad astigmatism) with the Vortex SPARC with the distant upper portion... I'm good to about 18yd when we shoot a 2 gun match (carbine/pistol) with the pistol, but have to lift my head for any precision distant pistol shot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk