Author Topic: Integrally suppressed 10/22  (Read 5924 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Integrally suppressed 10/22
« on: April 29, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »
Ruger is making an integrally suppressed barrel for the 10/22 take-down model. It will only take a matter of seconds to go from having a regular barrel mounted to the suppressed one. I'm looking forward to more news from Ruger at the NRAAM.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

Re: Integrally suppressed 10/22
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
They had integrally suppressed 10/22's at one of the local gun stores here back in the early 90's.
Don't think it was a take down though .

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »
A lot of people over the years have made integrally suppressed 10/22 barrels or complete rifles but no one AFAIK has made one for the take-down model. I heard about the IDF using 10/22s but I think it would surprise a lot of people. If I was in combat I think I'd rather have a suppressed .458 SOCOM than a .22 LR. The new Ruger offering is a 16" barrel but I think they should make a 20" barrel too. http://www.ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 05:55:11 AM »
The Israeli's used the 22's to kneecap Palestinian protest organizers and other suspects they wanted to snag out of crowds.
They also caused some of the accidents the protestors had with molotov cocktails.   ;D

lcambre

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:30:10 AM »
A lot of people over the years have made integrally suppressed 10/22 barrels or complete rifles but no one AFAIK has made one for the take-down model. I heard about the IDF using 10/22s but I think it would surprise a lot of people. If I was in combat I think I'd rather have a suppressed .458 SOCOM than a .22 LR. The new Ruger offering is a 16" barrel but I think they should make a 20" barrel too. http://www.ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html
Gemtech came out with the Mist-22TD.  I bought one in 2015 and I think it came out earlier that year.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:52:09 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Gemtech came out with the Mist-22TD.  I bought one in 2015 and I think it came out earlier that year.

8)  I hadn't seen the take-down version of that barrel before.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »
The biggest thing I would be concerned with, is how easy it is to take apart and clean. I don't see any wrench flats or knurling on it. .22 ammunition is filthy, and any suppressed weapon firing it requires frequent cleaning. Also, because .22's tend to be shot much more because of lower ammunition cost. It say's, "easy to clean", but it is something I would check out before buying.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
If it's a "Take down" it can't be to hard to clean.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 03:40:45 PM »
All you have to do is take a screw out of the front and it all comes apart like it shows at the link I posted above in reply #2. http://www.ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
Speaking of suppressors, what's the deal with the Hearing Protection Act? I haven't read or heard a thing about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk