Author Topic: New pistol on the way......  (Read 2311 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New pistol on the way......
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
I had started saving for my next purchase and hadn't made up my mind as to what I wanted.  I was toying with the idea of a Nighthawk Custom, built to my specs.  Then realized I wouldn't live long enough to be able earn the extra to afford it.

A friend suggested I look at the CZ 97BD.  They appear to be made of unobtainium.  I did find a 97B in a store within 30 miles of my job, so I stopped in.  Felt real good in the hand.  People say they are big, but I don't think they are much bigger than a 1911.  Priced out the gun, and figured what it would cost to have Tru-Dots put on it and decided to go ahead and order the 97BD.  I dropped a deposit on one of his backorders.  He's been expecting them for about 6 weeks.

We'll see if this one can supplant the Para Commander that has been my EDC for quite a while.  Stoner Holster is between work and home, and they make holsters for the 97, not many makers do.  CZ mags are expensive as all hell too.  I'll be dropping close to $100 on two mags.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: New pistol on the way......
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:44:04 AM »
You are going to love your CZ-97.  Break down is a little different than what you are used to (it has a barrel bushing that screws in) but it no big deal.  A little large for carry, IMHO, but if you carry a full size 1911 this wont be much different.

Oh, you'll probably want to change the grips out soon as well.
http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-97

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »
Sounds great.  I've always wanted one but haven't made the plunge yet.  I did look a lot of places for mags that were cheaper.  Sold out of 97B models at Angus Hobdell's site...he had mec-gars at $31 and cz's at $42+/-.  Mid South Shooters Supply had cz's at $42 or so but sold out as well....as was Numrich's, CDNN and others.  $50 is tough for a mag...

The 75B's are really nice I have owned several (sold off a couple when cash flow was low) and still have my 40 S&W, P0-1 and polished stainless 75B.  The P0-1 is my most accurate pistol.  All are reliable as all get out.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:22:44 PM »
same title, different pistol... picked up my G43 today... drifted the sight all the way to the right before even shooting it... loaded it with 115 fmj... at 15y a 2 1/2" group with quick sight picture, centered about 1" high from point of aim... just where I wanted it... with 147s, same group about 2" low of poa... a lot snappier than the G42 it most likely will replace as my carry pistol... will see if the Taran Tactical +2 works as expected... regards Les

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 01:22:23 AM »
i know lots of guys that use them for games.   I have shot a few, I liked it.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:27:48 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
This is my CZ-97B I got back about 5 years ago. It's been a good gun. I found out that magazines for the .45 Jerico, (AKA Baby Desert Eagle), will fit it interchangeably. I have several 10 round magazines from my Baby Eagle .45, so that was good to know. I didn't have to buy any extras. If you want extra magazines Greg Cote is the guy to see.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-97-97b-cz-97bd-witnesstanfoglio-10-rd-45-acp-mgwit45lfafc-p-1093.html

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the Baby Eagle magazines.  Yes, Greg Cote has been my go to guy for magazines for several years now.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk