Author Topic: When It Rains..... It Pours !  (Read 11094 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: When It Rains..... It Pours !
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 07:46:46 AM »
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill...so much angst for the wonderful and enlightened progressives in government and in the public.  When will you get with the program and go with the flow?  Big brother loves you....big brother wants to help you...big brother is best for you.  Don't you love big brother? 

Why don't you love big brother?  What is wrong...are you filled with, dare it be said, distaste or even hate for big brother?  Because you are barely smart enough to just breath please realize big brother only means you good things so long as you listen, smile, wave and give back what people have erroneously said you earned (a big brother overpayment adjustment...not a tax).

I am afraid when people like you get together we can see why the Southern Poverty Law Center is such a necessity to help big brother and the public identify the sprouting of hate groups in Amerika.  You should relax and realize that big brother is always right and that big brother is always best.  Big brother may have to protect it's comrades citizens by making an example of you...you better get to smiling, waving and supporting our magnanimous and loving big brother before the DPRK Democratic party, tech moguls and news media hear about you and demand action.

You should really study to become more tolerant and honest like the examples of Donna Brazile or Debbie Wasserman Schultz if you want to be a truly enlightened and productive citizen.    :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o  :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o  :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o  :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o

Tom, how big of a "cooker" did that guy build and what diameter copper pipe did he use for the coil?  If I ever have a pool (may have to dig one and line it with visqueen) I'd like to use it in the winter.  I'm assuming it was wood fired?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 456
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
A friend of mine ran his filter line through a copper coil in a barrel stove he built. turned his above ground pool into a huge hot tub.
It got so hot he had to cut out half the coils, but when he got it right he was swimming in January, outdoors, in NH.  LOL

Some people out here take a bunch of 1" Schedule 40 pipe, paint it flat black, and run it back and forth across the length of their patio roofs. Then tee it off into the pool pump line with a valve. It's amazing how hot that water will get out here with only sunlight beating down on that black pipe. It can extend your swimming season a good 3 to 4 months a year. Natural gas pool heaters use too much gas, and cost a fortune to run. Some are over 400,000 BTU.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
He bought the hardware and put it on a 55  gallon drum. Started out with 9 coils, TO MUCH !  LOL had to cut it back to 5 coils.
He was the same guy who lost his license for DWI and put a chainsaw motor on a 10 speed bike.
Fabricated his own gas tank and muffler.
Cops pulled him over after work one night because they clocked him at 50 .
No ticket, they just wanted to see how he set it up.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »
Made a flat box, about 4'x8', painted black inside/out.  Took two 100' black, rubber hoses and coiled them flat.   Put a plexi cover of the top.  In bright sun and with the pool at about 70, it raised the water temp about 2 degrees.  Given the rate of flow it would take about a week to reach 80+.   Turned it off at night to minimize loss.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »
1.5 is tiny for a pool pump. you can drop 2 grand on a good pool pump np.

It's only a 13,000 gallon pool....plenty enough.
Like I said, the original was only a 1 horse and is lasted ten years, twice as long as the industry standard (at least according to the pool pro).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:19:10 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:54 PM »
It's only a 13,000 gallon pool....plenty enough.
Like I said, the original was only a 1 horse and is lasted ten years, twice as long as the industry standard (at least according to the pool pro).
I have had aquariums with larger pumps lol
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 12:45:36 PM »
I have had aquariums with larger pumps lol

The place I used to work had a couple of 900 gpm pumps laying around the storage house that I could've used.....but they wouldn't fit in my lunch box.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
The place I used to work had a couple of 900 gpm pumps laying around the storage house that I could've used.....but they wouldn't fit in my lunch box.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is where you needed help from a friend with a mobile home. ;D ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
This is where you needed help from a friend with a mobile home. ;D ;D

Indeed, suh!!!  ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 09:03:49 PM »
Last pumps I ordered were horizontal multi-stage centrifugals that output 14,500 bbls per day (525,000 gallons a day) at 1,750 psig.  Big suckas....used a lot of electricity...they hummed with continuous 700 HP.

Last pumps used on a well we were pumping 110 barrels per minute (6,652,000 gallons per day) at 9,350 psig.  Not one pump, but a slew of them piped together and all computer controlled for single point control....also had one idling in case we lost one during the frac job.

However....the big levee pumps in New Orleans pump 1.2 million gallons a minute.  That's a big hoss...even if it can't pump more than a few psi in discharge pressure.  That's enough to empty a standard Olympic sized pool in about 30 seconds.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk