Author Topic: That MOMENT could happen at any moment  (Read 2317 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
That MOMENT could happen at any moment
« on: July 15, 2017, 04:16:49 PM »
I said in another thread, that the Shot Heard Round the World was something of an unplanned, spur of the moment (well of a day) event.  It wasn't like everybody had decided that's how the AR would start.  Remember how I said to stay vigilant?

I wonder if MoveOn dot Org are reading my posts.   Here's a section out of their latest email.  And this one from an organization that wants to repeal the 2nd amendment. (emphasis mine)

We know that Donald Trump is erratic and dangerous. In the aftermath of North Korea's recent ballistic missile test, it's not hard to imagine him responding to international conflict—or an attack within the U.S.—with a dramatic military escalation or an assault on Americans' civil liberties.

So what do they want to do?

MoveOn's goal is to assemble a team of volunteers within the next two weeks. Then, if there is a moment when Trump attempts to rush us to war or attacks our communities, we will be ready to spring into action with events around the country that will send a clear message to Trump, Washington, and the world: Not on our watch!

I'm sure they mean they want to be able to quickly organize peaceful protests, sit-ins and occupy type demonstrations, but that's not clear from the letter.   Somebody might interpret these things as being  a call to arms.  A "the British are coming" moment.   Are they inciting violence?  Trying to tread on the edge of it, then claim not?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: That MOMENT could happen at any moment
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
On the edge....r-i-g-h-t?  Reads to me like they want to stir up a bunch of people.  Does it imply they are looking for a loose cannon like shot the congressmen recently?

Assault on American's civil liberties.....man ain't that rich with all the political correctness crap floating around?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
I believe they need to rethink who is a danger to our civil rights.

Incite violence - I guarantee that is their plan.

Pres. BOO started the war with Markn/Zimmerman, fueled the flames with Ferguson,  and is smiling with every "race" riot.  This group will not feel they are making progress until the streets run red with our blood.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:27:05 PM »
I agree with you Alf, As Michael Bane has said many times, when you're chumming for monsters,don't be surprised when one shows up.But one small point...It was "The regulars are coming, as the people of the colonies were in fact British subjects.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »
It was "The regulars are coming" , as the people of the colonies were in fact British subjects.

I know but to get the point across I used the popular phrase.

With this group I should have known better.

Interestingly, though they were considered French Canadian, my grandparents' passports (circa, 1950) list them as British subjects.   That was of course before Canada had full constitutional autonomy.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:53:45 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:42 AM »
I agree with you Alf, As Michael Bane has said many times, when you're chumming for monsters,don't be surprised when one shows up.But one small point...It was "The regulars are coming, as the people of the colonies were in fact British subjects.

We need to find a better name when this happens.  There is no way I can bring myself to call them regular.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk