Author Topic: What is your procedure?  (Read 20610 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What is your procedure?
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
I load only 9mm, use the same propellant charge, and change only the projectiles (loaded to the same OAL)... I shoot 124 JHPs for practice in the carry G43, and 135 polymer coated lead for the competition PCC and G34... my loader has a case feeder, and the brass is not inspected going into the hopper, but has been cleaned...  I stand, and under a light watch the new case as it enters the loading cycle, primarily for stepped brass that can separate easily in the blow back PCC, and nested cases or .380s are pretty easy to catch... the final eye glance is to the bullet seating station just prior to placing the bullet , which is checked to make sure powder has been added, and a secondary check for stepped brass... I store loaded cartridges in ziploc bags and turn them over a couple of times to look for loose propellant signifying a missing primer...I inspect the primers for problems when I load the magazines.... a final inspection when I use the clear polymer ETS mags for the PCC... a quick glance to make sure I see primers in the stick

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
My Process starts of like others.

1)  Come home from the range dump the bras bag into a 5 Gallon bucket to be sortied later.
2)  Sort the brass by size into other 5 gallon buckets by size (dirty)
3)  Place brass into tumbler with walnut media until clean often overnight
4)  Remove from media
5)  Again sort and count
6)  Deprime and recase (100 round plastic boxes)
7)  Trim cases and ream primer pockets (223/5.56)
8) Prime and recase
I separate Deprime and reprime in separate steps because of the way my press deprimes sending spent primers flying all over the floor.  Then when repriming the less than 10 percent fall out of the holder and I got tired of trying to identify which 1 good primer fell in with the 200 spent primers that missed the collection bucket.

9  Weigh empty case
10 Install powder
11 Weigh case with powder (subtract to determine powder throw)
12 Install and crimp bullet
13 Weigh complete subtract from with power to monitor bullet weight and watch of over charge
14 Measure overall length (first 5 assuming no adjustments and then every fifth)

Other than step 14 this process is 100%. 
on the last 5 steps I have been only able to hit a 50 rounds an hour pace batching the last steps in sets of 10 on a turret press with auto index turned off.  A lot is driven by the fact that the charge weight is often off and there is a rework loop for steps 10 and 11.  I have switched power measures and still have the issue.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 06:16:41 PM »
Right now I'm only loading for CAS, I'm loading on a Dillon650 and my procedure is when I get back from a match,I dump the brass into the cleaner,which is plugged into a timer that runs it for a 90 minutes a day, when I find time I dump the brass into a bucket and separate by head stamp, I use Starline exclusively for the rifle, R-P or Winchester for the pistols.After separating the brass I put it in the Styrofoam trays inspecting them for cracks. When I'm ready to load I put the brass into the tube, check the primer level and start pulling the handle. I can fit 18 in the tube at a time and will top off before the last piece is dropped off. When I'm done with that 50 rounds I place then back into the trays, checking for any mistakes and put a label on the box with the date and load data.Doing it this way has lowered the number of bad rounds/ squibs to almost zero. I told my son I want a cartridge feeder for Christmas this year. ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk