Author Topic: Powder Score  (Read 5890 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Powder Score
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
The Big Brown Truck of Happiness dropped off a box yesterday from bullets.com.

I got the tip from a fb group (so maybe fb ain't so bad for some things) about a sale on powder.

I picked up three 1 pound cans of TiteGroup for $17 and change each and two cans of Universal  for $14 and change each. With hazmat and shipping fees it was only $111 for five pounds of powder that will load thousands of rounds (TiteGroup goes a looooong way).

I've never used Universal, but wanted to try it ever since a friend recommended it.

Hopefully just the first of many......
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Powder Score
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:22:06 AM »
Nice score.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
Since I have no idea....what kind of savings was this?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »
I figure an average of $22 per pound is a great deal. The last time I bought TiteGroup, it was $32 a pound.

With the $20 hazmat fee, it's best to buy as many cans as I can to spread it out.

I can load close to 1400 rounds of .45 ACP with one pound of TiteGroup (a little goes a long way), so a few more pounds (with what I have on hand) and I'll be good for years to come.

Next order will be rifle powder.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Good deal.  I have the "stuff" to reload but I don't because I don't have any place to really do it.  I do, however, want to "freshen up" my powder just in case SHTF visits.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:59:19 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
Good deal.  I have the "stuff" to reload but I don't because I don't have any place to really do it.  I do, however, want to "freshen up" my powder just in case SHTF visits.

It'll store forever. I know folks loading with powder that belonged to their grandfather.

I buy supplies for future use. I don't load in large batches yet. I do have a Dillon 550 press that is still in the box that I bought back when they were under $300 for the full kit with dies.

I just load what I shoot on a couple of Lee presses that I can mount and unmount as I need to use them.

Check out a website called T&B Bullets. It's a small operation, but he ships hardcast lead bullets that are as good as Oregon Trail & Lazercast. You can get 500 .45 ACP 200gr SWC for less than $60 shipped.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 10:24:34 AM »
LGS/R has Titegroup in #1 bottles for $19.95.   They seem to have plenty and nobody appears to be in a rush to buy them out.

No Federal Small Pistol Primers.   There's what's hard to find.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
LGS/R?

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
LGS/R?

Maybe local gun store/range??

LGS/R has Titegroup in #1 bottles for $19.95.   They seem to have plenty and nobody appears to be in a rush to buy them out.

No Federal Small Pistol Primers.   There's what's hard to find.

That is a good price for a brick and mortar place indeed. I haven't found it that cheap down here (full-blown shooting supply stores are few, and not many gun stores carry much reloading stuff). Only one local gun store in our town carries reloading stuff, but not a wide range of powder, and what they do have is higher priced.
By the time I drive to places with cheaper powder the gas cost puts me over the cost to just buy it online and pay the hazmat, especially at $17 per pound and $15 per pound for some.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
Just getting carried away with the AARP acronyms.  Local Gun Store/Range. 

LOL (Living on Lipitor)
ROFL....CGU    Rolling On Floor Laughing...Can't Get Up.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk