Author Topic: Most accurate AK-47 I've every seen  (Read 26946 times)

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Most accurate AK-47 I've every seen
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
I had a fantastic day yesterday shooting at the local gun range. My brother went along to site in his new AK-47 gun. It is a new kind of AK...an Arsenal SLR107-FR.At first it looked like your "modern AK", but upon further inspection, I notice how sturdy and well this thing was built. No magazine wobbie. No canted sights. No dings or rust. No crazy number markings all over it. Solidly-built looking gun. Well he started sighting the gun in little by little as I was shooting myself. After a few minutes I started noticing his fifty yard groups were excellent all around the bullzeye. I was very impressed. Then, hit shot at the one hundred and five yard target. His five shot group was 1 and 1/2 moa!  :o He had a three shot cluster leaf on the first three shots! What was funny was a couple of older gentlemen sitting behind us and off to the side saying stuff like, "yeah AK's are such a waste..good for nothing except wasting lead and money..and making a lot of noise--and that they can't hit the broad side of a barn." Well when my brother fetched his target.. I looked over their way and say "wow look at how well they are AK can shoot." lol. As a matter of fact it was getting as good of accuracy as they scoped bolt guns were.. Most AK's I've seen were not accurate like that. But these new high quality $900-$1100 AK's are approaching AR-type moa and one hundred yards. I was very impressed. I honestly didn't think it would shoot that good but using good quality Winchester 7.62x39mm it did. Here is a link: http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr107fr.htm  I know AR's are more accurate..but at least with this AK..not by much out to 105 yards. These are basicly USA made AK's. Man are they nice.  :)

1776 Rebel

Re: Most accurate AK-47 I've every seen
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
I have been following Arsenal for awhile. I'm intrigued with their milled receivers also. Not stamped stuff. They look very cool and with good QA. Glad to have a first hand report on their performance.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
I would put my AKs accuracy up against any. there are plenty of good AKs out there , you just have to know what is what.  I can get palm size groups at 100 yards and bowling pins at 100 -150 are easy with iron sites. It dont cost a fortune to get a rifle that will out shoot its owner. 
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »
I didn't mean to poopoo your bros rifle, I'm sure its great, I'm surprised at your experience with AKs . most are at least as accurate as an AR out to 200 yards, true there are some very bad rifles out there, but with Little due diligence and research not hard to find good ones. expectations on fit and finish have to be low going in , functionality is what counts. In an AK I prefer a stamped receiver, keeps the cost and weight way down and you sacrifice nothing.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
Evil Black AKs? ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:01:31 AM »

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
2HOW... What kind of ammo do you use in your AK? Just curious..  Nice looking rifle too..  ;)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »
2HOW... What kind of ammo do you use in your AK? Just curious..  Nice looking rifle too..  ;)
  I just shoot the cheap wolf crap FMJ , Im gonna get some HPs from wolf, HPs are supposed to be more accurate. I will say that 2 friends of mine build ARs and AKs and the AK guy has lots of store bought ones and he couldnt believe how accurate mine is , he said I got lucky and got a good one, I bought from Classicarms.us they have a good rep. and would buy from them again. ARs are pretty guns you spend alot of money on and hang stuff all over them , AKs are ugly sharp edged pieces of death that keep shooting, wont break, eat everything , never need cleaning (almost) best bang for the buck. I lovem . Mine is Romanian, with no chrome line barrel built in US stamped sporter 75, not a cheap WASR . mag fit is tight and everything is as it should be , a well made rifle. except for the site and side mount it came as you see, pretty great for 349.00

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:59:32 PM »
Yeah.. you can't beat that price..  especially now days. I have a Yugo AK that isn't chrone lined either. My barrel and magazine look like yours but the furniture is different. I don't have any mag whobbile at all. I can hit tight groups at fifty yards, but haven't got around to shooting at a hundred yet. Wolf seems accurate.. but Brown Bear had tighter groups out of my AK.. I think it likes it better. Anyway, I was just curious.. about ammo.. I know my brother did shoot some wolf and hit tight groups too..but I think not as good as the winchester. But, wolf is cheaper and that is a good thing..  :).

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
That's good news about your brother's AK. Here's a link to a site that makes excellent AK-style rifles in 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62X39. I have handled the rifles and they are excellent in design but are not cheap. I have also heard good things about the Romanian STG 2000. Does anyone have one or have shot one can give their impression of it?

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »
That's good news about your brother's AK. Here's a link to a site that makes excellent AK-style rifles in 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62X39. I have handled the rifles and they are excellent in design but are not cheap. I have also heard good things about the Romanian STG 2000. Does anyone have one or have shot one can give their impression of it?

I've got the StG-2000 but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I have dry fired it and it has the best trigger of any rifle I've ever owned, including the model 70 and Rem. 700.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk