Author Topic: 2 New CZ-75 SP-01's  (Read 7264 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
2 New CZ-75 SP-01's
« on: December 22, 2017, 07:05:48 AM »
The top one is a SP-01 Shadow Model I picked up at the CZ Custom Shop out in Mesa this past week. I swapped out the black rubber grips for a nice set of CZ half checkered Cocobolo grips they had in stock. Along with a nice set of Stainless Steel Hex grip screws. I absolutely love this gun! It handles and points like a laser.

Then yesterday I was looking at Cabela's website and found this CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical Model with night sights and decock. It's more of a carry / combat piece than my much similar CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow. They showed "Limited Stock" at the Glendale Az. store, so I drove over to take a look. They had none in the case, and after almost a half hour of them looking in the back, they finally found it. The price was good, so I grabbed it.

The Tactical Model ships with 2, 18 round magazine, where as the Shadow ships with 3. The night sights are True Dot, but are actually much brighter than any of my Trijicon's, which surprised me. The trigger isn't quite as good as the Shadow, but better than most other 9 MM double / single actions.

The first thing I did after getting it home was to head out to the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa for a pair of the same nice half checkered Cocobolo grips, along with a nice set of Stainless Steel hex screws that I installed on my Shadow. I can't stand those ugly black rubber grips, along with those Phillips Head grip screws they ship most of the CZ-75's with. It just ruins the looks of these beautiful pistols. So my CZ adventure continues. Perhaps after Christmas, when all the cattle are done shopping, I'll pick up another one...... Or 2! You cannot have too many CZ's. It turned out to be an early Christmas!

SHADOW

TACTICAL

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: 2 New CZ-75 SP-01's
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 07:30:46 AM »
Really nice.  The single SP-01 I own is the most accurate pistol I own.....outside the XP-100 of course.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:02:05 AM »
Why that's very nice.  Never been into CZs but this looks tempting.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
Nice!  I like CZs but I only have 1...the Rami. It's a great little gun.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:37:09 AM »
Bill have you shot the things yet?  Or...put me into your will for your safe queens?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:37:50 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:24 AM »
Bill have you shot the things yet?  Or...put me into your will for your safe queens?

Yes, I've shot both of them. Both run with the typical boring CZ reliability. So far I've got around 350 rounds down the pipe of each. And not a single hiccup from either pistol. I used standard, extra capacity, and even the +2, 20 round capacity Mec-Gar magazines in both of them, and they ran beautifully with all of them. I like the sights and the trigger better on the Shadow Model. But it was $880.00 compared to the $650.00'ish I paid for the standard Tactical. The Shadow gets more attention paid to the trigger in assembly, along with the better sights. It also ships with 3, 18 round magazines, instead of 2, 16 rounders. So it's worth the extra coin.

The 41 ounces of weight is a lot for a full size 9 MM pistol. But the result is recoil is all but non existent. These things shoot like .22's. Even with Federal 9 MM BPLE +P+, it barely jumps in your hand. The guns are boringly accurate to shoot. And the ergonomics are typical CZ. They fit your hand like a glove.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:27 AM »
I may be biased but almost every CZ handgun I have picked up seems to have a heavy, long trigger pull. Do these??

I like the reviews I see but never have owned one (yet).
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
I may be biased but almost every CZ handgun I have picked up seems to have a heavy, long trigger pull. Do these??

I like the reviews I see but never have owned one (yet).

In double action they're a bit long. But they all are. In single action they've got one of the best triggers out there in an out of the box $575.00 to $675.00 auto pistol.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
Thanks for the info.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 10:09:07 AM »
Bill, whaddya' think?

One of these in CZ 75 base model Omega grey:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771924731

or SP-01:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770512883

I know how you hate the black grips.  I dunno what else you can do for that Omega grey though.  However, the 2nd one...might look good in wood.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk