Author Topic: Cryptocurrency  (Read 8317 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
Re: Cryptocurrency
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
I just found out that Elon Musk owns 1/4 of a bitcoin that a friend gave him years ago. Other than that he has no cryptocurrency at all. He has a billion dollars but isn't risking any of it on cryptocurrency. I think I'll continue to not risk any of my paltry savings.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »
Elon Musk was in the news again. A group of astronomers with a high-powered telescope in Arizona saw his Tesla Roadster in orbit.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 10:48:28 PM »
Here's a kind of computer crime you don't see too often. Stealing computers, instead of hacking and using viruses to steal virtual currency.

"REYKJAVIK, Iceland — Some 600 computers used to "mine" bitcoin and other virtual currencies have been stolen from data centers in Iceland in what police say is the biggest series of thefts ever in the North Atlantic island nation.

The powerful computers, which have not yet been found, are worth almost $2 million. But if the stolen equipment is used for its original purpose — to create new bitcoins — the thieves could turn a massive profit in an untraceable currency without ever selling the items."

I think they can now make untraceable "money" indefinitely. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/bitcoin-heist-600-powerful-computers-stolen-iceland-n852811

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 08:25:39 AM »
I am in I.T. and still don't understand how they "make" bitcoins. I guess the medieval alchemists would be proud!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:06 PM »
Bitcoin continues to have its ups and downs. So does gold. I don't know which is a better investment but it seems to me that something you physically have would be a lot better than some information stored on a computer if a SHTF situation ever happens. The richest man in Egypt's brother, the second richest man in Egypt, is putting half of his $5.7 billion net worth into gold. That’s one man buying 68 metric tons of gold. I wonder how much cryptocurrency he buys with the other half of his fortune?

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 11:58:24 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2021, 07:28:15 AM »
Another bot....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »
I just found out that Elon Musk owns 1/4 of a bitcoin that a friend gave him years ago. Other than that he has no cryptocurrency at all. He has a billion dollars but isn't risking any of it on cryptocurrency. I think I'll continue to not risk any of my paltry savings.

Since then he has talked about Dogecoin, then he converted all Tesla's Cash into Bit Coin hyping the hell out of it then he sold it all last I heard, and was slamming the whole Crypto currency idea.
He's like Newton, 1/2 the time he's brilliant, the other half insane.
YOU try figuring out which is which.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
Pump and dump.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 07:52:55 AM »
Unfortunately, I know nothing about cryptocurrency. But I think bitcoin is a very promising currency. And if I had a lot of money, I would invest in it. But now I hove the quickier way to make money and it’s ten bet. I know a lot of people say it's a questionable way, but I've only had a positive experience. By the way, it helps a lot when money is needed quickly.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 07:59:03 AM »
Here we go again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk