Author Topic: Mausers and Mufffins recipes  (Read 7055 times)

TangyMouse

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mausers and Mufffins recipes
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:02 AM »
Good day. Some time ago I was an active reader of Mausers and Muffins blog. I copied s chili recipe from her and won our chili cook off at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas. I have since lost the recipe and was wondering if any of you good folks may have a copy of it. Thanks and tell `em all to keep their hands off your guns!
May your day be filled with monkeys.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Mausers and Mufffins recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I hope someone does have the recipe because I'd like it too. I love chili and haven't perfected my own recipe yet.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:24:00 PM »
I was really hoping someone on here would have a copy of the recipe or know where to find it online, but after 6 weeks I'm losing hope.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 03:59:23 PM »
I found this...if it is the wrong one, I'll do some more looking.

Chicago Chili with Cheddar Toasts

1/2 pound ground beef
2 cans light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 large sweet onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, most of the seeds removed
1 can sliced olives
1 small can tomato sauce
1 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup dark beer
2 Tablespoons molasses (I didn't measure, but that's close)
2 heaping Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tien Tisn Chinese chili pod (the red ones you make chili oil out of)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Heavy Metal Heat hot sauce (we used the whole 1/2 tsp)
one square of M.C.'s Dark Chocolate and Cayenne Fudge (or use a square of dark unsweetened cooking chocolate with a small dash of cayenne, cinnamon and ancho chili powder added).

Mix beans, tomato products, olives, beer, molasses chili powder and chili pod in a bowl (be gentle with the chili pod, you do NOT want to break it).

In a large, deep pan, caramelize the onion in a little olive oil while in another small pan you fry the beef. Roughly chop two jalapenos and add to the beef and onions as they near the end of their cooking. Mix beef and onion in the larger pot and add the tomato mixture. Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook 1 hour. Add the piece of Midwest Chicks ancho dark chocolate fudge (or square of dark chocolate with the accompanying spices). Cover and cook on warm /low another hour, to blend the flavors, adding a few tablespoons beer or water if it gets too thick. Remove chili pod and serve.

Serve with cheddar toasts (you can cut recipe in half to serve 2-3)

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 teaspoon smoked Paprika.
4 eggs

Melt first 5 ingredients in top of double boiler, until melted. Cool to lukewarm. Whip in eggs. Dip 12 pieces of bread into the mixture (both sides) and lay on well-buttered cookie sheet (I used some homemade, yeasty toasting bread). Bake at 350 F 12-15 minutes until just starting to brown and bubble on top (underside will be more done so don't overcook). Top with a few sprinkles of cheddar as it comes out of the oven.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
I know chili peppers and chocolate go well together, but most people look at you like you're crazy if you tell them to try some chili pepper in their hot chocolate. Chocolate drinks were originally made with chili pepper, vanilla, and honey. And mole sauce with chocolate, chili and other spices in it tastes great in Mexican cuisine. But molasses in chili? I'm not convinced about that. And beer tastes absolutely disgusting to me so I would leave that out. Other than that it sounds good.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:05:21 AM »

Timothy

Mausers and Mufffins recipes
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »
I use molasses in my chili too!

And chocolate...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 11:13:56 PM »
I don't think I ever heard of anyone using either of them in chili until this thread.

My ex's grandmother had a chili recipe different from anything I heard of before too. It had no tomatoes at all, but over a half dozen different kinds of peppers. I can't remember exactly how many. I think it was an odd number like 11 or maybe only 7. It was something she brought with her from Oklahoma when she came to Michigan several decades ago.

I like lots of different kinds of peppers in chili, whether they're fresh, dried, smoked, or roasted, but haven't used anything super hot like ghost peppers. For any chiliheads there may be here, there's a new pepper called Pepper X that's two times as hot as the Carolina Reaper, according to the guy who bred both of them. The Carolina Reaper was already about twice as hot as a ghost pepper. Pepper X is even hotter than pepper spray made by a company claiming it has the hottest pepper spray in the world.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
Came across another of her Chili recipes.

Range Chili

This makes one large crockpot full (about 20 regular sized bowls). For the smaller crockpots or less servings, simply cut in half. It's got a hint of sweet, a bit of smoky and has just the right amount of "hot", that those that like mild will still eat it and those that like zippy won't be bored. The surprise ingredients, a little bit of cola and some dark unsweeted chocolate.

The Penzey's Chili 9000 spice is available on line. It's worth getting it as it really adds something. For IN residents there is a Penzey's store on the Northeast side of the city and there's a couple in Ohio as well as I have gotten the spice as gifts from that area.

2 29 ounce cans tomato sauce
2 28 ounce cans chopped, diced or stewed tomatoes, or any combination thereof
2 cups diced onions
1 heaping tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 pound Applewood smoked thick cut peppered bacon, cooked until done but not too crispy and then chopped into bite sized pieces.
3 pounds burger or venison (lean as you can get it)
2 pounds Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans spicy sausage
4 cans kidney beans - drained and rinsed (canned beans have a LOT of sodium)
1 bottle (about 18 ounces I think) Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
1/2 cup Penzey's 9000 chili seasoning
1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon crushed red pepper
approx. 3/4 cup Coca Cola (yes, and not Pepsi and certainly not diet), use the Mexican Coca Cola in glass bottles made with sugar, not corn syrup if you can find, Costco often has it.
2 individually wrapped squares Baker's unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped (each square breaks into two pieces so it's pretty easy to chop up).

Cook the meats separately and drain well. Saute the onion in with the burger so that it caramelizes. Mix in with rest of ingredients adding the dark chocolate last. Cook in the crockpot on high about 2 hours, or on low 4-6 as as desired.

I've never seen anyone not eat a second bowl of this.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
That sounds better. Penzys Regular Chili Powder and Hot Chocolate Mix sound like they'd be good too. I haven't had any hot chocolate this year. https://www.penzeys.com/shop/spices/

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »
That sounds better. Penzys Regular Chili Powder and Hot Chocolate Mix sound like they'd be good too. I haven't had any hot chocolate this year. https://www.penzeys.com/shop/spices/

Buy cocoa powder.

2 tablespoon cocoa
2 tablespoon sugar
Dash of salt
Teaspoon of vanilla
12-16 oz cold milk

Bring together in a small pot and up to temp slowly so as not to scald, serve hot...

This is right on the cocoa can and beats the shite outa that Swiss piss instant stuff!

5 minutes...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk