Author Topic: The Pathetic Olympics  (Read 5584 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
The Pathetic Olympics
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:08:13 AM »
It's almost as if the NBC commentators are rooting for anyone other than the USA. Between that, along with the political side shows, the obvious favoritism of women and queers, along with all these bimbos pulling out of events they were scheduled to compete in, and the unsportsmanlike conduct of the whining Canadian women hockey players, I doubt I'll ever watch another Olympics again. It truly is PATHETIC!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: The Pathetic Olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 08:05:03 AM »
Pathetic, indeed, BillT. 

I watched that redheaded snowboarder win gold and then tramp all over the American Flag.  And that effeminate commentator they have for the skating events is stomach turning.  But the networks are focused on the perverted and weird, giving all that air time to one of the other male(?) figure skaters who hasn't won a thing, but wouldn't shake hands with Vice President Pence because the VP believes in traditional marriage or something.  The network has turned the experience into the LGBTQ anti-American world games.  And as a straight, white, American military veteran male, it just doesn't hold my interest.

The Canadian Women's Hockey Team can be forgiven--I think--because losing to an American team really came as a surprise.  It had to be a blow to their ego. 

But, we've also seen a few of our Florida-based speed skaters put on a real effort.  One even got a bronze.

Even so, this Olympics has certainly been disappointing.  And it's not just  for us, BillT.  Look at the ratings.  They have dropped with every broadcast since the opening ceremony.

I guess it just goes to show that you can't keep America's interest with lackadaisical athletic performances and incompetent , anti-American reporters.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Timothy

The Pathetic Olympics
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »
No argument from me..

I know that the weather played a factor in the skiing events and can understand why Shiffren dropped out of the downhill and super G.

Being a skier myself and done some competitive racing as well, stacking four events on consecutive days due to weather delay can be a bitch...

At least they lost the idiot, Couric somewhere...

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
I know that the weather played a factor in the skiing events and can understand why Shiffren dropped out of the downhill and super G.

At least they lost the idiot, Couric somewhere...

Shiffrin pulling out made absolutely no sense to me. She could have easily medaled in the downhill. (And in the process knocked that Trump hating, mudshark, coal burner Vonn off the podium, which would have been beautiful). And it was downright silly for her to drop out of the Super-G as well.

These people train relentlessly for 4 years for these games that last all of 2 weeks. It's simply idiotic to start dropping out of events. Look at speed skater Eric Heiden in the 1980 Olympics. He competed in most everything, and won 5 Gold Medals in the process. He wasn't whining about getting, "too tired". This entire generation of athletes have become a bunch of over glorified, political, bed wetting pussies.

And I think they got rid of Couric because of that idiotic comment she made about Dutch skaters being so good because they train on frozen canals. Or some such foolish nonsense.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:46:50 AM »
All due respect to skaters but you can’t compare skating to running down a mountain, on ice, at near 70 mph... 

Having skied some pretty gnarly terrain over the last fifty years I can assure you your body takes a severe beating on a pair is skis!

Your knees and hips take 8-12 times your body weight when jarred by a bump or rut on the slope. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:55:40 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 12:31:39 PM »
Trust me when I say this, the usoc  is evil.  I mean they make the Catholic  church look good on fight sexual abuse. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:28:01 PM »
Trust me when I say this, the usoc  is evil.  I mean they make the Catholic  church look good on fight sexual abuse.

After the MSU/Gymnastic horror show and subsequent resignations by the entire board I would wholeheartedly agree!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 05:17:31 PM »
I could go on for a long time about it, let's just say the back ground check is the honor system and can never be removed.... Then there is the sending coach's to youth events right after they get out of jail for rape.(that I reported)  yeah no sorry f..k  them.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »
So far, the only pass I'm giving is to the Canadian Women's Hockey Team.  In a highly physical, emotionally charged, and very close game that was decided by a last minute "free throw," and then we focus on their raw emotions and expect them to give in depth and meaningful comments.  There is a reason that most athletes that lose a major championship game go to private spaces while they process what just happened.
Reporters spend weeks crafting their questions for every possible outcome, and then we critique emotional athletes for their unprepared response.

Rant off.

I did not see any protests, and it was nice to see how the U.S. Women's Hockey team acted during the Anthem.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:37 AM »
So far, the only pass I'm giving is to the Canadian Women's Hockey Team.

The Canadian women's hockey team turned out to be nothing but a bunch of sore losers, who expected to win, but didn't. That Canadian player who immediately removed her medal after it was placed around her neck was shallow, foolish, and disrespectful to herself, her team, her country, and the Olympics in general. It was nothing but a childish display of extremely poor sportsmanship.

And as far as the rest of her team and coaching staff whining about how, "they didn't like the format". That's pure bull$h!t. That tie settling format, (20 minute overtime, followed by a 5 shot shootout), was decided long before the games began. If they were so put off by it, why didn't they register a formal complaint with the Olympic Committee before the games started?

The fact is they never would have said a word if they had won. So instead they had to try to cheapen the moment, by making a stink over it after they lost. They played a good solid Olympic hockey series. Then they $h!t all over themselves by acting like disrespectful children after they lost. They get no "pass" from me at all. All of them need to grow up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk