Author Topic: Kimber K6....  (Read 2374 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kimber K6....
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
So, the missus wanted a gun to call 'her own'. She has hereditary arthritis in her hands pretty badly. She can manipulate the slide on the Sig 238/938 fairly well. She cannot however manipulate the safety. So we were left with revolvers. She liked my SAA, she could slip fire it pretty well and accurately, but didn't like the recoil of the .45 Colt. We then visited every range withing 50 miles that rented different revolvers. I was trying to direct her to the Ruger SP 101. It's modular and the trigger pull and such are easily modified. She didn't like the way it felt in her hand. S&W? Meh. Colt Cobra? Yuck! (definitely a yuck!) The last range we tried had a K6 for rent.
Who knew the missus was a trigger snob? She recognized the smooth and light (9.5 lbs) double action immediately. She shot it well. 50 rounds and she said, ' How long will I have to wait to get one?'

Well, I had $810 credit at a Kimber dealer for an order on a CZ that hadn't come in for over a year. So the next weekend there we went. I tried to steer her toward the 3 inch barreled version. Nope, she went straight to the blacked out version. The most expensive one in the case. She did the background check and we were out the door for a grand total of $1125.

She loads it with .38spcl +p.

It has a small grip, I have a finger and a half hanging off the bottom. It is accurate. I was able to keep 14 of 18 in a 6 inch target at 30 feet firing as fast as I could reacquire the sights. Great trigger. DAO. HKS speedloaders for a Colt dick work pretty well. Maybe Safariland will make some for it in the future.

Locks up like a S&W and has a cylinder release like a Ruger.

She's pretty good with it. Anybody coming down the hall or through the bedroom door will be taking the room temperature challenge.

I am not a fan of Kimber, but I gotta give 'em credit on this one. Still being a Kimber, it is still about 20% overpriced.

I'm allowed to clean it after range trips, it is HERS!!
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Kimber K6....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »

Revolver's Rock.

Go Mrs. FatBaldGuy.  Maybe she should look at a Korth next.

Of course they come in plain, boring stainless steel too.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
They sure look nice but I didn't know they cost that much. Kimber sells speedloaders but I don't know who makes them. http://store.kimberamerica.com/k6s-speedloader
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 01:36:50 AM »
Revolver's Rock.

Go Mrs. FatBaldGuy.  Maybe she should look at a Korth next.

Of course they come in plain, boring stainless steel too.
I'm glad that most shops don't stock Korth. Gawd only knows how much that might have cost me.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
I'm glad that most shops don't stock Korth. Gawd only knows how much that might have cost me.

But isn't it sooooo prreeetttyyy. I am not sure I could bring myself to fire it.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:18:46 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:30:45 PM »
I knew Korth made revolvers, including some very ugly ones, but they also make pistols that are basically 1911s fitted with fixed barrels. https://kortharms.com/en/pistolen.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTomsQAi10
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk