Author Topic: Why Can't Toys Be Like This Anymore........  (Read 7743 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Why Can't Toys Be Like This Anymore........
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
Had to share, as my father sent this to me to remind me of a different time. Mattel used to be a "real toy" company, but alas,,,,this will put a smile on your face,..

Much better than some spongebob squarepants!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Why Can't Toys Be Like This Anymore........
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »
WOW!  I remember that commercial!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »
I was young enough then to not remember that commercial, but gotta ask mom why I didn't get one of them.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »
I checked the Barack Obama website and sadly,.... the Tommy Burst, would be banned under his Assault Weapons Ban :'(

Damn..... :-[

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »
I don't remember the commercial, but if I was old enough to see it i probably begged for one. At the tender age of 7, I did get a 1911 that fired bullets you pressed into a spring loaded case. You then loaded those into a magazine (don't start!). I used to shoot at the metal living room clock.

I guess that explains why I prefer 1911s over anything else. Forty years of .45  :)

Edit: I love the internet:

Heh. They call it a clip.

Found one for sale, $500:
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:07:01 PM »

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:46:14 PM »
As a kid I would have begged for this one:

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »
These are all so cool and really reflect what a different world we're living in now, when it's difficult to even find decent squirt guns at a store with as gunny a name as Target. My dad still has his 2 gun Roy Rogers set in better condition than those at the Roy Rogers Museum.

Does anyone know if there's anything to this photo? I am a Photoshop professional and it looks like there been some work done here, but did Mattel get into guns?

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »
These are all so cool and really reflect what a different world we're living in now, when it's difficult to even find decent squirt guns at a store with as gunny a name as Target. My dad still has his 2 gun Roy Rogers set in better condition than those at the Roy Rogers Museum.

Does anyone know if there's anything to this photo? I am a Photoshop professional and it looks like there been some work done here, but did Mattel get into guns?

I Had one of those  ;D I was going to post about it as I read this thread. It was a toy that looked Just like an M16 same size as well, The bolt release and safety were just molded in not movable, as I remember it made some kind of machine gun noise. Another thing about the Mattel M16, it was this first toy gun I owned that was not metal.
Does any one remember "Six Finger" ? it was a toy gun that 's barrel looked like a finger, you could shoot your friends with little rubber bullets.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1121
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:41:25 AM »
I couldn't see anything until I hit reply. Now I see everything except the Mattel M-16. I found some pics. I never had any on these toys.  :'(
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1121
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 01:42:40 AM »
I don't even see the 3 pics I just posted either. I don't know what's going on here.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk