Author Topic: Anyone own a cz97b  (Read 12882 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Anyone own a cz97b
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2020, 02:54:45 PM »
It's a .380.
It's not REALLY a gun    ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »
It's a .380.
It's not REALLY a gun    ;D

Until you get shot by it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »
I sometimes forget it's there   ;D
The LCP is definitely the smallest firearm I want to try shooting .
It isn't as awkward as the NAA revolvers, but it's heading there.  ;D
With the clip I usually have it in my front pocket, but in winter I put it in the pocket holster and carry that in my outside coat pocket It's cold, my hands will be there anyway   ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2020, 12:28:37 PM »
Yeah, there is an 'art' to shooting the NAA.
I can hit a bleach jug at 10' and that is more than what the little gun was made for anyway.
I carry one in my front pocket daily unless the Colt is there (have carried it in a shirt pocket). I load three snake-shot rounds and two Aguilla HP rounds.
My biggest use is on snakes, and it will do the job if you hit them in the head with the shot (not difficult if accustomed to shooting it). I figure if I ever have to use it against two legged threats as a LAST resort, snake shot to the face might stun them until I can get the HPs out of the barrel.

In the spring/summer period when snakes are prevalent, I sometimes carry my Super Blackhawk loaded the same way, three snake rounds and three HP rounds. I need to find some snake shot for the Colt .38.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2020, 08:03:52 AM »
Yeah, there is an 'art' to shooting the NAA.

A number of years ago a good friend of mine was getting ready to walk into his bank and realized it was being robbed. He was not carrying at the time (He NOW carries 24/7) and went to his car to retrieve his NAA .22 mag. When the bad guy exited he yelled stop. The guy turned toward him pointing a .38 spl and he shot the NAA. He was aiming center mass at about 10 feet. He just grazed the guy on the left side of the neck. It was enough to get the guy running away though. They caught the guy later that day when their car was pulled over for a traffic issue and the guy in the back was holding his neck and bleeding. My friend went out the next day and bought a 1911 and it is ALWAYS on him. He now also trains very regular. He learned his lesson about tiny guns and recoil.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 06:20:37 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2020, 12:12:13 PM »
It's also a matter of length.
See if I can phrase this right.  ;D
On tiny guns like the NAA the trigger is positioned so that you almost have to tap it with your fingertip, instead of a normal pull.
It seems like just getting a finger on the trigger creates a really awkward hold.
I'm not comfortable with guns that small.
Unless it's made by Tippman I'm not interested.   ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2020, 03:37:39 PM »
It's also a matter of length.
See if I can phrase this right.  ;D
On tiny guns like the NAA the trigger is positioned so that you almost have to tap it with your fingertip, instead of a normal pull.
It seems like just getting a finger on the trigger creates a really awkward hold.
I'm not comfortable with guns that small.
Unless it's made by Tippman I'm not interested.   ;D

On my NAA, it's easier to squeeze the trigger with the second joint of the index finger than with the tip. But then that makes cocking the little thing harder.  ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »
Try this one   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsDpGJcpk8&t=7s               ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 08:46:47 AM »
So Tab, did you ever get that 97?  I see there's a bunch back on Gunbroker.  They must have shipped some in.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »
So Tab, did you ever get that 97?  I see there's a bunch back on Gunbroker.  They must have shipped some in.

I think I posted these pics before. This is my 97B. It is one of the older models with the wooden grips. The newer models come with Aluminum grips, and are supposed to feed open nosed hollow point ammunition better. I haven't had any feeding issues with mine as of yet. Things I like about the gun:

1.) The Threaded barrel bushing is nice, and helps with accuracy.

2.) The nice thick grip is good for me because it's a double stack magazine like a Glock 21, and I have large hands.

3.) It can use Baby Desert Eagle, (Jericho) .45 magazines from Magnum Research. (I've found they're cheaper and easier to find than CZ mags, and both are made by Mec-Gar).

4.) It's easy to get a good clear sight picture.

5.) It's a nice, solid, all steel pistol.

Things I don't like.

1.) Hard to find. And very few deals on them.

2.) No aftermarket grips available, except from a couple of European hand made custom one's that are ungodly expensive.

3.) The plastic recoil spring guide rod is total crap. Mine was warped so badly from just sitting in my safe, the gun wouldn't cycle reliably by hand. Before I fired it, I replaced it with a longer, solid Stainless Steel one from Cajun Gun Works, that was a perfect drop in fit. (Do the same if you buy one). It will be the best $25 bucks you ever spent.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/stainless-steel-guide-rod-97bbd-tactical-sport/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk