Author Topic: Movie thread  (Read 25788 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Movie thread
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2020, 05:21:18 AM »
I went to see 1917 and I'm glad I did.

First, the crowd was mostly senior.  There was no talking/texting going on, and everyone sat quietly enjoying the movie.  That's a real bonus these days.  I don't think the theme appeals to the younger set.

Second, the experience was nicely summed up by another theater-goer on the way out who said:  That's the best WWI movie I've ever seen.  That was true for me, too.

The cinematography was well done and certainly enhanced the experience.  At one point I was so wrapped up in the movie I actually jumped when an explosion occurred on screen.

This is one of the very few flicks I've seen of late where I felt the ticket price was more than worth the experience (and Bunny and I see several movies a month on our weekly date night).

All in all, it's got my recommendation.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 07:14:26 AM »
 Thanks for the review.  I'll put this one on the "go see" list.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 09:02:49 AM »
Thanks for the review. I now know the next movie I will see.

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 06:02:10 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I'll put this one on the "go see" list.

Same here.
If it's still showing near me I might try and catch it before it gets gone. Some movies are just better in a theater.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2020, 07:48:16 PM »
Maybe I'll go see 1917 too. My movie pass is actually good for 6 months after I cancelled my movie club membership. I didn't word it right before, but someone said 1917 was made to look like it was filmed in one continuous shot.  Like the camera moves but doesn't cut from scene to scene the way most movies do, and it's in real time. I don't know, but if the wabbit says it's good I believe him.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 05:03:02 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 01:07:00 AM »
The theater's closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, so it will be awhile longer until I use my free movie pass. I was thinking about seeing the Vin Diesel movie Bloodshot. The special effects look... special. :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 04:04:30 AM »
Well, not in the movies but I did the Netflix (or was it Prime?) thing and watched all the Jericho clips the last week. 

FirstImpact

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2021, 05:31:16 AM »
Thanks a lot for so many ideas. In general, it's hard for me to be amazed at this chapter because I've watched a lot of movies and series since I was little, so I know about all the really good movies so far. For this reason, I often go to various forums and discussions to be up to date with what is new and to see something new. By the way, I've always gotten used to watch full movies online on FMovies because I love this site. Do you know about it?

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2021, 05:47:21 PM »
If you want to watch a movie about two guys going insane with paranoia, The Lighthouse is where it's at. A little artsy at times, but brilliantly agonizing.

Sounds like the left and the Capital incursion.

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »
Anyone seen "Nobody"? Action movie starring Bob "Better Call Saul" Odenkirk. I've got a rain check pass, and I'm very tempted!

-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk