Author Topic: In need of music suggestions  (Read 37628 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: In need of music suggestions
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 12:56:11 AM »
If you want some metal in your diet you may want to try Megadeth. Dave Mustaine was the original lead guitarist for Metallica but not for long. Right before they recorded their first album in 1983 they kicked him out of the band because of his drug and alcohol abuse. Do you know how many drugs and how much alcohol you have to consume to get kicked out of a heavy metal or rock band?

So he started his own band. He's been the lead vocalist and played guitar from 1983 until the present, except for the one year Megadeth was broken up. He had nerve damage in his arm and couldn't play guitar. Megadeth must be doing alright. They've had 15 studio albums and Metallica has only had 10. And Megadeth has had 49 singles to Metallica's 39. Ha! Suck it Metallica. Although not necessarily my favorites, these are Megadeth's songs that made it to number 5 and 6 on the Mainstream Rock charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qzBGYG786Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0w5QgHdEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eQPhsxWjO4
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

BAC

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 01:46:00 AM »
No metal.  Never metal.  Worse than rap.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »
No metal.  Never metal.  Worse than rap.

Heathen.

;) ;) ;) ;)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding, metal ain't for everyone. Myself, I gotta have a dose on a regular basis.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »
There's a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time for soft music, and a time for something hard. I like a variety of musical styles. As Monty Python used to say, "And Now for Something Completely Different." The last song I heard in my truck was Whirl-y-Reel 1 by Afro Celt Sound System. They mix traditional Irish and West African music with electronic music. When one guy sings in Irish I don't know what he's saying, but that's okay.

I had a 10-disc CD changer in my other truck and one time I had Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in it. If you skip the first 7 minutes of the video some of you should recognize the very end of it. Without realizing it until later, I had Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction CD with Symphony Of Destruction on it in the CD player the same time as Beethoven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_YsQu5tKEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1u4PAyVJJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOpyM9cBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoXZf-FZyA
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 07:36:27 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »
Those GA boys made good music.

Don't forget Whipping Post and Midnight Rider.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »
Those GA boys made good music.

Don't forget Whipping Post and Midnight Rider.

There's no way I could. 8) They had way too many good songs to post them all.
Those were just part of one (double) album out of:
11 studio albums
16 live albums
18 compilation albums
4 video albums
and 21 singles.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2018, 06:37:26 PM »
I think most of you remember Ricky Nelson, from The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, having a string of hit songs from the '50s-'70s. Garden Party was his last Top 40 Hit in 1972. His twin sons Matthew and Gunnar Nelson started a band called Nelson in 1989. Their first album, After the Rain, came out in 1990 and they had a #1 hit with (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection. And the title song hit #6. They still had an '80s sound and aren't likely to be on your "recently heard" list. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNcWvHTLjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awq70NvQ1wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCOJ3Q1kS8

Timothy

In need of music suggestions
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »
Frank, you’re starting to worry me, pal!

:)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »
Good. Good. (rubbing hands together) All is going according to my evil plan. Muahahaha!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk