Author Topic: In need of music suggestions  (Read 37624 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: In need of music suggestions
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2019, 01:23:11 AM »
I listened to half of that Heilung video while cleaning up, then some random videos from  Euzen, Celticfest, etc.

Scottish Reggae. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsz3KjlAD_g
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »
Those guys are daft if they think that's Reggae. 

That ain't reggae..."The Lion Sleeps Tonight"....really?  It's a bagpipe rendition of rocknroll.  They be daft 'mon....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2020, 07:07:02 PM »
I listened to a song on YouTube that someone mentioned on a TV show, and when it was over I played this song that was listed to the right of it. Basement Jaxx is an English electronic music duo, but one guy did nothing on this whole album but produce. 8 seconds into the song I knew whose music they stole, because I've heard M.E. by Gary Numan so many times. Wikipedia says they also used part of This Wreckage by Gary Numan, but they didn't mention it on the page about the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csIpLdVaHnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQbhj-jW_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRFUgcwHzk

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:35 PM »
I was listening to One-Hit Wonders on Spotify earlier. I like that channel. They played some songs I didn't have to look to see who it was, like Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum, and some songs I don't remember ever hearing. They played Steady, As She Goes, by The Raconteurs, which I've heard a few times but didn't know who it was. Wikipedia says The Raconteurs is an American rock band from Detroit, Michigan, based in Nashville, Tennessee, and the lead singer is Jack White from The White Stripes. Here are 2 different music videos for Steady, As She Goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fo_Zy84Xdk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGcBh-g3xe8

Sponsor

« Reply #135 on: Today at 05:54:12 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2020, 01:00:39 AM »
I listened to more one-hit wonders on Spotify while doing dishes. Most of them were songs I've heard several times but didn't know who the person or group was. I can't remember most of them but the last thing I heard was Scatman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8kmNEo1i8

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »
I listened to more one-hit wonders on Spotify while doing dishes. Most of them were songs I've heard several times but didn't know who the person or group was. I can't remember most of them but the last thing I heard was Scatman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8kmNEo1i8

That will wake you up.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2020, 02:12:21 AM »
I'm in my mid-late 50s and finally got my first cell phone. I'm not an "early adopter" who always has the newest of... anything, really. Looking through all the options on my phone I see where I can upload a ringtone. One of my friends has been doing that for years, but I found out I can make my own instead of downloading them like my friend did. I can record up to 40 seconds and was thinking about using the beginning of Pink Floyd's Time, or where the tubular bells start on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells album. The whole album is just the song Tubular Bells divided into Part 1 and Part 2. He recorded 14 tracks or however many it took of him playing every instrument on the album by himself, and laid them down one after another until all the instruments were playing at the same time. This was really sophisticated work for a 19-year old back in 1973 when they only had 4-track recorders to work with. It's hard to believe how well these 2 47-year old albums stood up over the years. The tubular bells come into play about 22:50-22:55, and it's the finale of Part 1. If I  make one of these my ringtone, I'll see if I can use it for my alarm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXvtDm820zI

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk