Author Topic: In need of music suggestions  (Read 38326 times)

tombogan03884

Re: In need of music suggestions
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2020, 08:37:55 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2020, 08:48:51 AM »
The song "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz is based on a sample of Steve Winwood's 1982 song "Valerie" from the album Talking Back to the Night. If you want to hear more than 3 words of the song repeated over and over, along the occasional "I'm the same boy I used to be", here's the original version of Valerie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKNICg-REA

And the 1987 remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMiOIhgclOg

Eric Prydz - Call on me, with lyrics (to make sure you get all 12 words).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6hpGaTkP0A

Then "Pass Out" from Chris Brown (featuring Eva Simons) included a sample of "Call on Me". Yes, a sample of a sample of Valerie by Steve Winwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVS0904K39s
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »
That song's from Strong Persuader, Tom. It's my favorite Robert Cray CD. If I only bought that one and not three more I'd still be pretty happy with what I had. If you click the link under the video it will play all 10 songs on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gQEDwjhaDE&list=PL8a8cutYP7fo8cY4X3JGmj44C6tUawR8Z

I'm having technical difficulties. I need to close all my windows and run CCleaner to get my screen to catch up to my keyboard so I know WTH I'm typing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2020, 11:46:44 PM »
With eddie van halens death today, i can recommend  anything van halen.

Ps not i sid van halen, not van hagar.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #155 on: Today at 06:41:13 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »
Apples and Oranges TAB.
Eddy Van Halen was focused on music,
 Hagar is a showman.
Eddy played his guitar,
Sammy entertained crowds.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2020, 02:00:59 PM »
Apples and Oranges TAB.
Eddy Van Halen was focused on music,
 Hagar is a showman.
Eddy played his guitar,
Sammy entertained crowds.
i was speaking aboit after the roth split.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2020, 09:33:41 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk