Author Topic: Biscuit Recipe  (Read 12020 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Biscuit Recipe
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 10:33:19 AM »
This guy is a member of a chuck wagon cooking group I'm in on FB....in southern terms, "he know what he doin"....... and here's a few variations on biscuits he's done.

Baking Powder Biscuits

Butter Swim Biscuits

Butter Swim Jalapeño, Garlic, & Cheese Biscuits
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »
Good stuff from this guy, I'll be tuning in. 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1081
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2022, 06:24:05 AM »
Is it time for tea and biscuits yet? I thought I had Earl Grey in the cupboard but I don't. I have Constant Comment which I've liked with a bit of sugar or honey since I was just a kid. It has orange peel and spices in it.

In the U.S. you should be able to find superfine sugar at the grocery store which is the same thing as caster sugar. It has more finely ground crystals than granulated sugar so it dissolves faster than granulated sugar in creamed mixtures and whips. I read recently that when you make meringue using caster sugar it dissolves easier, making it harder to screw it up. And bartenders use it for mixed drinks too. They call it bar sugar and being finer it dissolves in cold drinks much better than ordinary granulated sugar.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2022, 06:33:33 AM »
I can't watch the videos when I'm hungry so I'll wait until some other time. But now I'm craving biscuits and gravy. My friend's wife uses a pound of regular sausage and a pound of hot sausage when she makes the gravy. It's really good that way, and I don't need to add pepper to it like when I had store bought sausage gravy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

JeremyScott

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2023, 03:29:15 AM »
Yeast-Risen Self-Rising Biscuits Recipe with a Twist of Mandarin Orange Salad:

Ingredients:
    2 ½ cups self-rising flour
    1 packet (2 ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
    1 tablespoon sugar
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
    1 cup buttermilk (or substitute with milk)
    Additional butter for brushing

Instructions:

Activate the Yeast:
    In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and ¼ cup warm water (around 110°F or 43°C). Allow the mixture to sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until it becomes frothy.

Mix the Dough:
    In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the self-rising flour and salt.
    Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingertips to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Incorporate the Yeast Mixture:
    Pour the activated yeast mixture and buttermilk into the flour mixture.
    Gently stir the ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be shaggy.

Knead the Dough:
    Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead it a few times until it comes together. Avoid overworking the dough to maintain a tender texture.

First Rise:
    Place the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1 to 1.5 hours, or until it has doubled in size.

Shape and Second Rise:
    Gently punch down the risen dough and turn it out onto a floured surface.
    Pat or roll the dough to a thickness of about ½ to ¾ inch.
    Using a biscuit cutter or a round drinking glass, cut out biscuits and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Cover the biscuits with a cloth and let them rise for another 30 minutes.

Baking:
    Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
    Bake the biscuits for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top.

Finishing Touch:
    Once out of the oven, brush the biscuits with melted butter for added flavor and a shiny finish.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:20:35 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2023, 05:25:16 PM »
 ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2023, 05:25:14 PM »
Well, that was different. And kind of catchy.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2023, 08:08:35 PM »
Was a fun Saturday evening show to look forward to. Live radio is a lost treasure.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2023, 08:21:19 PM »
You are right Mike.  There are a couple I still listen to.

WWL AM 870 out of New Orleans.  They have the Outdoor Show...this one with Don Dubuc...there have been other guys who have since passed.
https://www.dontheoutdoorsguy.com/radio-shows.html

Then I do listen to GunTalk with Tom Gresham.  He has a 3 hour show once a week that is on syndicated radio.  He's the son of Grits Gresham the writer.
https://www.guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio

Mike maybe you oughta start a thread on radio shows and everyone can share one they have.  I like to listen to the old AM on my Yaesu FRG-7 but the Tecsun PL-880 is great on AM as well. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk